Cancelling subscription following a dispute

• 26 October 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 48 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 3 reacties

We have had T-Mobile internet and TV at home for about 2 years. We wanted to move this service to our new address with starting date 17/10/2023. We filed the request and it was processed - the signal would be moved on 17/10. Next we found out that we can’t leave our current home yet, but only mid-November. On about 12/10/2023 we contacted customer service by phone and after some checking they called us back and said there is 3 weeks overlapping time allowed and explained that as long as we keep our internet plugged in at the old address - it would stay there. Once we come to the new address we would need to install new equipment that we received and the signal would work from there. Super convenient! However on 17/10 signal disappeared at our old address. Again we called the customer service only to find out that the previous colleague (from 12/10) left a note in the system saying - informed the customer that their request is too late and signal will be moved on 17/10. We were of course furious because I work from home and I had to go around neighborhood and beg people to give me their wifi pass so I could work. We tried to escalate this issue to get our signal back, but nothing happened, everyone at customer service kept saying it takes about 2 weeks to move it back!! So this was completely unacceptable, because we were guided by your advice that we can just keep using our internet at the old address, while in reality that was a total lie. Also, we couldn’t use it at the new address because we will not move there until mid-November. Odido has put us in an impossible situation by providing us with false information. Therefore we decided to cancel the subscription and start a contract with Ziggo at our old address, their equipment would arrive in couple of days only. Which is super sad, that if you go to your competitor, they can give you new service sooner than you can move your own service back to our address. So after cancelling, your customer service said we will still need to pay for 1 month because this is the cancellation policy. I am sure there are some exepmtions to this, since we didn’t just wake up one day and decided we’re cancelling but we did so because we were mislead by your customer service. I would like to know how can we get this last month waived off, since in this case it was really not our fault for cancelling, Odido just couldn’t do anything for us and we had to go elsewhere to rectify Odido’s mistake. 

Tommie van Odido 6 maanden geleden

Hey @zitap, welcome to our Community!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm happy to help you with this. I immediately wanted to see what I can do for you, however, I can't find a subscription at this email address. Can you add your customer number to your profile? You can find it in Mijn Odido → Internet + TV abonnement → Meer → Mijn gegevens; at the top of the page: Jouw Klantnummer: ABC12345. Thanks in advance.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @zitap, welcome to our Community!
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm happy to help you with this. I immediately wanted to see what I can do for you, however, I can't find a subscription at this email address. Can you add your customer number to your profile? You can find it in Mijn Odido → Internet + TV abonnement → Meer → Mijn gegevens; at the top of the page: Jouw Klantnummer: ABC12345. Thanks in advance.

Hi Tommie, 

Since we cancelled our subscription, we can’t see the customer number or any data related to it in My Odido app, but when asking he chat bot, this is the number we got: 1.19396950. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@zitap I can’t find any internet subscription on this number. Do you know perhaps which email address you used for receiving communication from the internet subscription? Otherwise you can also send me a private message with your zip code, house number, date of birth and the last four digits of your bank account number. That way I can also lookup your subscription and help you further with this. Thanks in advance!

Hi Demi, I sent you the information via private message. 

Reageer