Beantwoord

Fixed IP address at home

• 27 June 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 723 Bekeken

Hello, I would like to configure my ZYXEL T-50 with a fixed IP address but I didn't find any information on how to do it online. When calling T-Mobile customer support, I was asked to go to the Community page.

My private home server needs a setup with a fixed IP address to run, that's why I'm asking.

icon

Beste antwoord door Northguy 27 June 2023, 09:40

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 2

As far as I know, T-mobile does not hand out fixed IP addresses.

You can make use of a free dynamic DNS setup. The following site explains how that works (and you can register a free DynDNS address there).

Free Dynamic DNS service | ClouDNS

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

In the Zyxel router you can setup a DynamicDNS service so a change in your IP will be notified to te DDNS service.

In the Zyxel router you can setup a DynamicDNS service so a change in your IP will be notified to te DDNS service.

thank you, how can I access the Zyxel router interface to configure this? can you maybe point me to a tutorial that would explain the steps?

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Log-in 192.168.1.1 (default)

Choose language ENG / Dutch (Top right corner)

user: admin

password: see label on router.

Network setting → DNS → Dynamic DNS

Register a name by a DDNS provider, Choose payed or free.

With the free service provided by no-ip.com you get every month a mail to keep your domain name active. click, click, click is all there is to keep the name active.

There are a lot of those providers on the web. (See dropdown menu in router)

Another payed solution is to register a domainname by a webhoster without hosting a website but only a control panel where you can setup your IP. Dynamic depends on the hoster.

Search the web for; domainname hosting.

Reageer