Urgent: Inquiry Regarding Disconnection of Internet Service

• 25 January 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 76 Bekeken

Dear Team,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing to express my surprise and concern regarding the sudden closure of my internet service effective January 25, 2024, without my prior consent. I am uncertain about the protocol followed in such cases with your customers, and I am disappointed by the lack of communication and understanding exhibited.

During my recent request for a home move, it was explicitly communicated that I would be relocating from my current address , effective February 2, 2024. It was clearly agreed upon during our conversation that there would be no disruption or closure of services at my current address until February 1, 2024. However, to my dismay, my internet connection was terminated abruptly on the midnight of January 25, 2024. This sudden cessation of service has caused significant inconvenience, particularly as my household relies heavily on internet connectivity for remote work.

I initiated the home move request to facilitate a seamless transition of my internet connection, and I am deeply disappointed by the irresponsible manner in which this matter has been handled. Despite my attempts to seek clarification and resolution by contacting your customer care, I have received unsatisfactory explanations and unreliable alternatives for internet connectivity.

Furthermore, I seek clarification on the following points:

1. What is the status of my old contract? Has it been terminated, and are there any penalty clauses associated with its cancellation?

2. Why was a new contract created instead of simply facilitating the home move request as discussed?

3. There appears to have been a misunderstanding on your end regarding the technical aspects of the home move.

4. One representative mentioned the continued use of the same modem, while another suggested a new contract for sales purposes.

I urgently request clarification on the current status of my internet connection and contract. Given the irresponsible handling of the disconnection without my consent, I am concerned about the level of accountability and responsibility demonstrated towards customers. I expect a prompt and clear response outlining the resolution of this matter.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent issue.

Best Regards,

Anurag

Teresa van Odido 3 maanden geleden

Welcome to our Community! @anurag0707 

First, I want to thank you for starting this topic and expressing your feelings. I immediately looked into the system to see what is going on. I see that the wish date is set on 25-01-2024, which is why the line has been disconnected. I really wish I could still change this for you, but this is irreversible. However, I will gladly give you the clarification you seek! 

1. Because you requested a move, your old contract will be terminated. However, this will happen when the move order is marked as completed. Since the line went out of service on 25-01-2024, this is the end date of your old contract. You’re new contract starts when the new line has been activated, which is scheduled on 02-02-2024. With a move, you’ll always receive a new year contract. As @eric explained, the advantage of using the moving service is that there is no penalty if you are still within your contract. 

2. With a move request, you will always receive a new contract. 

3. When you request a move, you almost always get a new installation packet with the same type of router that you had before. I don’t know exactly what you mean by ‘another suggested a new contract for Sales purposes’ as you get a new contract anyway. 

Of course, I want you to be able to work from home still. In case you are using an Odido of BEN sim card, I can send you an Unlimited Voucher code. This way, you can create a Hotspot and connect your device to other devices. It is not ideal, but I hope this will help you for the moment. 

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

You are now on a customer helps customer forum. The formal anwers were already geven by the customer care employees.

When you use the moving service, there is always a new contract needed. The advantage of using the service is that in case you are still within a  contract period,  there is no penalty for an earlier disconnect. 

For the earlier disconnect,  i only can think on the fact that the new tennant at your old adres already asked for a new internet connection and an old provider always have to obey any new request. The grid provider, who onws the infrastructure will change the patch cable to the new provider for that adress.

We could help you with an unlimited mobile voucher for Odido or Ben sims. So you can create a wifi hotspot to overcome the next few days.

Dear @eric,

Thank you for your response.

I must emphasize the importance of taking responsibility for the disconnection issue without resorting to excuses. There appears to be a disconnect in communication regarding the status of my tenancy and the timeline for the internet service.

As of now, there are no new tenants scheduled to move in, nor are there any upcoming tenants for this residence. It was clearly communicated to your customer care team that I require uninterrupted internet service until the end of this month. Additionally, we have requested a new connection starting from February 2nd, 2024. Despite this, there seems to be a recurring issue of excuses when I inquire about the disconnection process without my consent.

I am left wondering if this is the standard procedure for handling house moves for every customer in NL.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Anurag

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Welcome to our Community! @anurag0707 

First, I want to thank you for starting this topic and expressing your feelings. I immediately looked into the system to see what is going on. I see that the wish date is set on 25-01-2024, which is why the line has been disconnected. I really wish I could still change this for you, but this is irreversible. However, I will gladly give you the clarification you seek! 

1. Because you requested a move, your old contract will be terminated. However, this will happen when the move order is marked as completed. Since the line went out of service on 25-01-2024, this is the end date of your old contract. You’re new contract starts when the new line has been activated, which is scheduled on 02-02-2024. With a move, you’ll always receive a new year contract. As @eric explained, the advantage of using the moving service is that there is no penalty if you are still within your contract. 

2. With a move request, you will always receive a new contract. 

3. When you request a move, you almost always get a new installation packet with the same type of router that you had before. I don’t know exactly what you mean by ‘another suggested a new contract for Sales purposes’ as you get a new contract anyway. 

Of course, I want you to be able to work from home still. In case you are using an Odido of BEN sim card, I can send you an Unlimited Voucher code. This way, you can create a Hotspot and connect your device to other devices. It is not ideal, but I hope this will help you for the moment. 

Dear @Teresa van Odido,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am writing to address a discrepancy regarding the requested date for disconnecting services at my old address and starting them at my new one. It seems there may have been a misunderstanding, as I never communicated a preference for the date 25-01-2024.

It appears there has been a mix-up, potentially due to an oversight on Odido's end, leading to challenges on my part. When I reached out to your customer care, I clearly requested for closer date of  01-02-2024 to align with my needs and new address start date 02-02-2024.

The delay in resolving this matter is causing significant inconvenience, particularly as I am currently working from home. Therefore, if at all possible, I kindly request that the wish list date be amended to 01-02-2024 to ensure a smoother transition.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt assistance in resolving this issue.

Best regards,

Anurag

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

@anurag0707 As much as I really want to change the wish date for you, this is no longer possible, because the plan date is too close to be changed (there have to be at least 10 working days in between). My sincere apologies for this! 

I really want to help you to be able to work from home though, do you have a Odidio or BEN sim card? In case you don’t, you have my permission to buy an Odido sim card (€10) at one of our Odido Shops. If you post a picture of the receipt in this topic, I will immediately make a credit for this. 

Please let me know if you’re interested, so I can already send you the code. 

Reageer