Beantwoord

devices are not connecting

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 170 Bekeken

Hello,

I have two issue with my new internet connections since the beginning. I have several devices in my house that I cannot connect to the wifi. I have a T-56 Zyxel router. The devices that I cannot connect:

• PetFeeder (does not connect 5G)
  • Oco 2 camera (does not connect 5G
  • my Samsung smart tv

Smart TV:

• when the installation happened, the installer could connect the TV via WPS. That connection has been gone and ever since, I canot connect the TV neither via Wifi or WPS. The only way to make it connected is a direct cable connection to the router
  • There is no conviniet cable connection to my router, the cable runs on the floor via rooms, corridors and doors. This is ot a sustainable solution

PetFeeder and Camera - I have tried the following, neither of the solution has worked:

• restarted router, phone, and both devices
  • I have restarted the router multiple times
  • I have split my network into a guest network where I disabled the 5G and left 2,4 enabled

All my devices has worked perfectly before chaning provider.

Second problem, my connection is instable or very slow. I have 3 devices that I can connect to wifi; laptop, 2 iPhones. All devices are constatntly dropped of from wifi connection. When I try to reconnect, often my devices says there is wifi but I cannot connect to the network. The after some time 2-30 minutes it reconnects itself.

When it happens, often the following board has only 2 green lights on, instead of 3. (picture attached.)

I have been also on the ohone with your customer service 7 working days ago, when I was promised thata technician will be sent. I have not been contacted at all ever since.

I am growing frustrated, and I would need to make my Petfeeder and camera working within a few days.

Please advise how this could be fixed asap

Many thanks

T

icon

Beste antwoord door szabo.tekla 19 December 2023, 12:44

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @szabo.tekla 

Can you enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser, log in with admin and the login password behind your Zyxel. Than go to the menu, netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen, choose WPA2-PSK as beveiligingsmodus and click on toepassen. Can the devices connect now?

For the second issue try another cable between Huawei ONT and your router.

Hello @szabo.tekla 

Can you enter 192.168.1.1 in your browser, log in with admin and the login password behind your Zyxel. Than go to the menu, netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen, choose WPA2-PSK as beveiligingsmodus and click on toepassen. Can the devices connect now?

For the second issue try another cable between Huawei ONT and your router.

Hello

Thank you for the help. It solved the issue with te TV and the PetFeeder. Unfortunately with the camera I could not make it work, but just decided to upgrade on the device, it has been quite old anyway.

Thanks a lot again

Reageer