WiFi Plus device not working properly

• 23 September 2023
  • 11 reacties
  • 288 Bekeken

All of a sudden, my mesh devices started having issues. Upon restart, 2 out of the 3 are back to working, but the third just won’t function properly.

Device: WX5600-T0.

Symptoms: The power LED blinks in red. The connection LED next to it also blinks in red. The WiFi LED is a constant green. The device shows up in the MPro Mesh app. However, I don’t think any devices connect to it, since the speeds are so bad in this part of the house.

What do I do?

Waqqas 7 maanden geleden

Hello @estomagordo 

Here you can see what each indicatie means :

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @estomagordo 

Here you can see what each indicatie means :

Thanks @Waqqas I found something similar online, but not as detailed (it did not distinguish between slow and fast blinks). Still though, there is no definition for what a blinking “Link” LED means.

And if the indication is that “MPro Mesh process has failed”, I’m still not sure what I am supposed to do with that information.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@estomagordo

Maybe give the WX5600 a factory reset by pressing the reset button for about 5-10 seconds and then perform the pairing process again.

Thanks  @Waqqas , I will try that as soon as I’m home again. Is there a good guide online somewhere? (I could get by with Dutch if that’s the only option). It’s been a while since I set up the network and I’m not sure I remember how the pairing process worked.

Reputatie 7
Badge +6

@estomagordo Here's a (Dutch) manual which will guide you through the process: Wifi Plus Handleiding Zyxel WX5600.pdf.

Thanks everyone!

I did get the problematic unit back into working condition after a factory reset. So all fine and well. For 12 hours or so. Today, two of the repeaters look healthy, but receive no connections from devices. Meaning half the house is without service.

This is beyond bad.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @estomagordo

Im happy to have a quick look for you, can you add you customer ID to your community profile.

Thanks

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Thanks everyone!

I did get the problematic unit back into working condition after a factory reset. So all fine and well. For 12 hours or so. Today, two of the repeaters look healthy, but receive no connections from devices. Meaning half the house is without service.

This is beyond bad.

When this happens, is the connection led still Red? Can you try to move the WX5600 closer to the modem, or even better connect them with a cable to the modem? 

@Sven-Odido I just looked, and there is a number already added to my profile. It matches the klantnummer from my contract.

Usually what happens is that one of the repeaters has a red signal for connection for a while. Then it looks healthy again. Then red. Etc.

I have no idea how it could work just fine for months and then this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @estomagordo ,

I see that you have 3 Wifi plus devices. Which might already be one to many. 

For what i can see is that the AP’s are switching the connection back the modem a lot between eachother. Sometime a AP goes directly to the modem, other minute via another AP. 

Looking at the signal strenght they are standing to close to eachother, causing this behavoir. My advice would be to either place them futher away, turn on off to see of the connection stablizes. It will be a bit of trail and error to figure out the correct placement. Unfortanlly there is no out of the box solution for Wifi placements since the environment is depending on it. 

Reageer