Beantwoord

Wifi point doesn't work

• 2 April 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 43 Bekeken

Hi team, I ordered a new wifi point but Odido UI messed up the order and long story short it resulted in canceling all the wifi points, so I had to return the wifi points I was using, and receive and install the new ones. 

The problem now is that after installing the new wifi points one of them seems to be not working. I get the same signal with and without the wifi point and the internet bar on my devices is really low, my video calls gets totally disconnected… It seems the wifi point is not actually doing anything. The position of the wifi point is optimal (no barrier, etc) so I think there is something wrong with the new wifi point you sent me. Can you please look into this. 

icon

Beste antwoord door sarooleh 3 April 2024, 20:37

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

Hi @sarooleh, you’ve come to the right address! I immediately went to check this for you and I see that at the moment there are four active wifi points. You can use a maximum of three wifi points at a time, so that would explain why one of them is not able to work properly. You can remove this wifipoint in your Mijn Odido account, so you can return it to us. With the three wifipoints everything should work the same as it did before! 

Hi @Nora van Odido thanks for checking. I am not sure the information you checked is correctly reflecting the situation:

A few days ago I have returned the 3 wifi points - they are on the way back to you. And in the meantime I received 2 wifi points which I have installed. My odido account also shows 2 active points therefore I am expecting that these 2 active point work properly… but unfortunately one of them is not working. 
i don’t have 4 active points I have only 2 active points.. appreciate it if you investigate this further. Thanks

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

My apologies @sarooleh, you are completely correct! I got confused since we are still waiting on the old wifi points to arrive and they show as active in our system. I want to ask you to reset the wifipoint to the factory settings. You can do this by pressing the small button on the back using a toothpick or another small object. After it has been reset I want to ask you to connect the wifi point by using an internet cable. You can do this by connecting one end of the cable to the modem itself and the other end to the wifi point. After that you can turn the device on and the “link” light will blink. Wait until the “power” light will continuously light orange. Then you can remove the decive from the power and disconnect the internet cable. When you connect the wifi point to the power again in de desired place it will restart and automatically seek connection. The “power” light should now light in a continiously green color and the “link” light will indicate if the wifi point is set up in the correct spot and is able to make a good connection. 

Will you please let me know if this has improved the internet connection? 

My apologies @sarooleh, you are completely correct! I got confused since we are still waiting on the old wifi points to arrive and they show as active in our system. I want to ask you to reset the wifipoint to the factory settings. You can do this by pressing the small button on the back using a toothpick or another small object. After it has been reset I want to ask you to connect the wifi point by using an internet cable. You can do this by connecting one end of the cable to the modem itself and the other end to the wifi point. After that you can turn the device on and the “link” light will blink. Wait until the “power” light will continuously light orange. Then you can remove the decive from the power and disconnect the internet cable. When you connect the wifi point to the power again in de desired place it will restart and automatically seek connection. The “power” light should now light in a continiously green color and the “link” light will indicate if the wifi point is set up in the correct spot and is able to make a good connection. 

Will you please let me know if this has improved the internet connection? 

Hey @Nora van Odido The signal seems to be improved :)  thanks for the detailed instructions 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Glad to hear it @sarooleh

Reageer