Beantwoord

Wifi Router Zyxel T-54 can only connect iphone using QR code but not manual password

• 12 July 2023
  • 11 reacties
  • 290 Bekeken

Hello Community,

So I contacted T-Mobile and they recommended that I make a post here.

Basically, on my modem Zyxel T-54 I cannot connect any device using the password input.

When I try to connect my phone for example, and use the password characters input, I cannot connect… then if I use camera and scan the QR from back of modem, it connects.

Then, I got several products which use Wifi, and all these are not able to connect to the wifi router.

Already changed the Wifi to 2.4 and 5g separately, also disconnected 5g just to guarantee devices support only 2.4g will connect, but nothing works.

I keep getting the messages on the devices I try to connect saying:

“Failed to connect to Router”

“Check if wifi is fine”

“Check Network and retry”

Also, very strange thing, if I change the name of the Router wifi, and/or the password instead of the Default as shown in the back sticker, the wifi cannot be connected and it says for instance on my phone “unable to connect to wifi” or “ wrong password” even when I copy the password from a picture I took of router (cannot make spelling mistake).

Basically, Tried all the standard things.. Reset modem, changed configuration in router to separate 2.4g to 5g.. give them different names to guarantee devices are connecting to correct wifi settings, and nothing solved it.

Even my phone could no longer connect when I changed the name of wifi.

And same thing when I only changed the password of wifi.

Nothing is working… 

And before I had all the devices connected using Ziggo, and with a different modem.

Could it be the modem that is faulty?

I asked T-mobile to replace the modem and also a different model to troubleshoot from there.

It seems it is the case, but at first the colleague of T-mobile was not sure if they would allow such troubleshooting… Very not nice!

Any ideas from the community?

What to try?

icon

Beste antwoord door AlexTav 12 July 2023, 15:47

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @AlexTav 

Can you log in to the router via 192.168.1.1 and go to the menu > netwerkinstellingen > draadloos > algemeen > choose 2,4 or 5 GHz and set WPA2-PSK as your beveiligingsmodus click on toepassen and can you try and connect then by entering the password?

You can also change to SSID and password there if you want.

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hallo @AlexTav ,

If you use : Login password, its not the rigth one. You need to use the Wirelss Key

Its fixed. I had to turn off the easymesh, then change both 2.4 and 5g to separate signal, and also add manually the passwords again. The box “auto generate password” had to be turned off. Now all devices can connect easy!

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

I think @soepkip67 was right and you prpnsbly used the Login Password for WiFi but now that you have changed the passwords it'll work too 👍

Hello @AlexTav 

Can you log in to the router via 192.168.1.1 and go to the menu > netwerkinstellingen > draadloos > algemeen > choose 2,4 or 5 GHz and set WPA2-PSK as your beveiligingsmodus click on toepassen and can you try and connect then by entering the password?

You can also change to SSID and password there if you want.

Hello@Waqqas, 

I did follow your instructions and indeed, I could connect my old Iphone 5 to the WIFI by entering the password manually. But then, my Iphone 12 lost the access to the WIFI. What is the solution to connect both Iphones or any other phones to my wifi manually or automatically? Thanks 

Yvan

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @yj03024 

Can you forget the network on your iPhone 12 and connect again?

Hello @yj03024 

Can you forget the network on your iPhone 12 and connect again?

Hello @Waqqas , do you mean connecting again and by entering manually the password? Also, if I choose in the settings of the modem, both WPA2 and WPA3, why I cannot connect both phones using the two normes? Thanks, 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@yj03024 

Yes, forget the network and connect again by manually entering the password.

The old iPhone 5 doesn't support WPA3 encryption I guess.

@yj03024

Yes, forget the network and connect again by manually entering the password.

The old iPhone 5 doesn't support WPA3 encryption I guess.

Thanks. Yes, Iphone 5 does not support WPA3. However, the modem allows the choice of selecting WPA2 only, WPA3, or WPA2 and WPA3. Do you know why both normes cannot be used in parallel? What are the consequences for the quality of the WIFI by using only WPA2? Thanks. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@yj03024 

I'm not that technical but I have a laptop which doesn't connect with WPA2/WPA3 and when I select only WPA2 it connects so they are not completely seperated when you have WPA2/WPA3 I guess.

Mainly WPA3 has a better security, quality of WiFi should be the same with WPA2.

@yj03024

I'm not that technical but I have a laptop which doesn't connect with WPA2/WPA3 and when I select only WPA2 it connects so they are not completely seperated when you have WPA2/WPA3 I guess.

Mainly WPA3 has a better security, quality of WiFi should be the same with WPA2.

Ok, thanks. 

Reageer