Beantwoord

Zyxel T-56 wifipunt

• 17 February 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 109 Bekeken

Hello,

I live in an apartment on three floors. On the ground floor there is a router: Zyxel T56, just installed with the glassfiber - after 14 months of wait. Two Ethernet cables from the router reach two WAP6807 repeaters: on the first and on the second floors.

Since I upgraded the router and the connection to glass fiber, I receive continuous problems of connection:
1) An iPhone often says that: 'Unable to connect to network', and I need to try it 10 - 20 times before it connects. This happens often when I go from one floor to another;
2) An Android phone sometimes when going from one floor to another loses connection;
3) I cannot connect two JBL speakers to the home system anymore.

The MPro Mesh shows the network and the repeaters working fine.

The network is set as EasyMesh, therefore the repeaters are set as AP mode (EasyMesh Enable).

I tried erasing the Network settings from the iPhone but no luck. I tried changing the security to WPA2, but no luck.

Could you help troubleshooting this situation, please? Suggestions are very welcome !

Regards,
Antonio

icon

Beste antwoord door Tommie van Odido 19 February 2024, 12:59

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @adammaro, welcome to our Community!
This makes perfect sense that you are experiencing problems. This is because the WAP6807 does not work with the T-56. We have a new wifipoint for the T-56, namely the WX5600. I wanted to exchange the wifi points for you, however, I don't see a wifipoint in your subscription. You can easily request the new wifipoints in Mijn Odido. This will solve all your problems.  

For the JBL speakers, I have put you on the list to get the new firmware faster on the modem. This is a bug with the current firmware on the T-56.

Hello Tommie,

thanks for the warm welcome. I have been resetting the modem and doing all sort of wizardries to get this to work.

I was not notifed by the installer about this problem, and I bought two repeaters WAP6807 some time ago, so I am no renting.

Please keep updated when the JBL firmware will be updated, so I can try again.

Cheers,

Antonio

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

The firmware is upgraded @adammaro

Hello Tommie,

thanks for the reply. Yesterday night I did all sort of wizardries and I got the system to work. Tonight, I have the same problem, the phone does not connect so I needed to reset the modem to get everything to work. This time I kept the same network name as received, which means re-setting few passwords here and there.

To be honest, I was expecting a better service from the installer, and I still hope I don’t have to reset again the whole system tomorrow.

I will be looking to get some new repeaters. I did not have time to check JBL tonight, I will do it over the weekend.

Cheers,

Antonio

Another question, why doesn’t WAP6807 work with the new router?

In the spirit of recycalbility, why creating new products, when the previous one could be used?
Lastly, what shall I do with the previous router, the technician did not pick it up.

Cheers,

Antonio

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

Hi @adammaro, it's definitely not the case that you have to use a different repeater with every new router. In this case, the big difference between the Zyxel T-50 router and the Zyxel T-56 router which you are currently using, is that the T-56 router uses Wifi 6. This option is not compatible with the WAP6807, which is why we recommend to use the WX5600 with this new router. 

The old router doesn't need to be returned to us, so you can hand it in at a recycle point! 

Hi @adammaro, it's definitely not the case that you have to use a different repeater with every new router. In this case, the big difference between the Zyxel T-50 router and the Zyxel T-56 router which you are currently using, is that the T-56 router uses Wifi 6. This option is not compatible with the WAP6807, which is why we recommend to use the WX5600 with this new router. 

The old router doesn't need to be returned to us, so you can hand it in at a recycle point! 

Hello Nora,

thanks for the reply. I understand that they won’t work with the new technology. Considering that WiFi communication protocols are updated every ~2/3 years, then I expect there might be a new router in this time.

I will find the nearest recycle point for the old router.

Cheers,

Antonio

Reageer