Cancel Subscription Fiber

• 20 February 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 94 Bekeken

Odido's process for cancelling a subscription is impossible. I initially subscribed to their internet service in April 2023, but due to a relocation where fibre was not available, I needed to cancel my subscription.

I attempted to cancel via the website's chatbot, which directed me to cancel via email. After completing the form and sending it to the provided email address, I received no response. I then visited the Odido centre in Haarlem, only to find out they could only initiate subscriptions, not cancel them.

I contacted the service centre and waited on hold for 40 minutes. The representative assured me that the cancellation was processed. However, the URL provided in the confirmation email for the DHL label to return the equipment was not functional. I contacted support about this issue but received no response.

A month and a half later, I received another invoice. I do not intend to pay this invoice. I would like someone from Odido to collect the equipment and finalize the cancellation of my contract, as well as delete all my associated data.

Additionally, since February 16, I have been unable to log into the app. I am unsure if this issue could be further exacerbated.

Despite the challenges, I have attempted to maintain composure and relay this information objectively.

Tommie van Odido 2 maanden geleden

Hi @StanisLee, welcome to our Community!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have checked for you and see that you are still in your contract. Why exactly do you want to cancel your contract? After all, there is a cancellation fee. I look forward to your reply. 

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @StanisLee, welcome to our Community!
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have checked for you and see that you are still in your contract. Why exactly do you want to cancel your contract? After all, there is a cancellation fee. I look forward to your reply. 

Sorry, @Tommie van Odido, did you read my post? It is in the first paragraph: “due to a relocation where fibre was not available, I needed to cancel my subscription.”.

I’m okay with paying the fee for cancellation. But I still then do not understand what was cancelled through the support centre I had a call with. After the call I received the email saying: “Hierbij bevestigen we dat je bestelling van Odido voor thuis met ordernummer HCD87521-O001 is geannuleerd.”

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @StanisLee, thanks for the clarification, I will gladly help you out to solve this well! The cancellation notice you received from us was for an order you placed on the 22nd of January for a different address in the same city you currently live in. I do not know if this is your new address but otherwise it seems that the move is viable? You can check the internet possibilities at your new address and quickly arrange the move via this page in your Mijn Odido account: verhuizing doorgeven.

If you cannot move the current subscription to your new address there is a possibility to cancel your 1-year contract for free, namely if you can supply us with a proof or relocation. I will shortly send you the instructions via e-mail if you wish to make use of this arrangement. Please let us know as soon as you e-mailed us a relocation document so that I or one of my fellow moderators can quickly process the e-mail for you.

Feel free to let me know what option you prefer, I would love to help you out! 😄

Hi @Cal van Odido . 

Thanks a lot for reply. I received the email and sent back the document from Gemeente which confirms my relocation. 

Thanks for help.

@Cal van Odido , @Tommie van Odido  and all others from odido. I am sorry, but……

I still receive the invoices. I still see subscription. I have sent everything to you. what do you want else to stop this misery? 

This becomes silly and I'm afraid I'll have to look for legal support.

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

@StanisLee Thank you for reaching out to us again and my apologies that this has not been resolved yet. Your e-mail was not automatically attached to the case @Cal van Odido made. Therefore, we didn’t see it in time. 

Luckily, I found the e-mail and the proof of moving! I cancelled the old subscription immediately. Of course, I will also make sure you will be reimbursed for the received invoices. Since the invoice for this month has already been made-up, I can’t put it in the system yet. However, I made a note in my schedule for the end of March, which is when I will put this in the system for you. You will receive an e-mail confirmation about this once it’s done. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, I’m here to help! 

@Teresa van Odido Thanks a lot :) but what should I do with the devices? I haven’t received any direction where should I send this. Additionally, there’s still open invoice since February. whereas I’m trying to cancel subscription since December. 

Reageer