No fibre optics light

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 reacties
  • 35 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

On the 8th of March 2024 I saw some workers digging and doing some work around the building internet connection box.
At the time of their work, around 5:20 pm, we lost the fibre optics connection in the apartment. 
I have called our internet provider, Odido, and they confirmed the loss of fibre optics signal. In the meantime they reported the breakdown with the fibre optics provider but nothing is happening. The worker from Odido partner was in my apartment and found no defects from inside, he confirmed that the problem is from the outside.
Can you help me out and explain what is going on and why has my optic cable connection been severed and when is it going to be fixed?
I am already waiting for 5 days for this problem to be fixed or at least some information about what is the problem and why I am experiencing no internet connection. I have sent also privately emails to the fibre optics provider, VolkerWessels that Odido referd me to, and they say that they don’t provide fibre optics at my neighborhood Rotterdam Kralingen. I am confused, I just want my connection back so I can work.

Teresa van Odido 1 maand geleden

Welcome to our Community! @mas.jk 

I am sorry to hear that your connection is down. I will immediately have a look in our system to see if there are any updates. 

As our technician discovered, the issue is not within your house. Therefore, our Back office has made a ticket to the network administrator. They will make sure your connection will be up and running. 

I don’t want you to be without internet at all during this period. Maybe I am repeating this information, but were you already offered an Unlimited Voucher? In case you have a Odido or BEN sim card, I can send this to you. In that way you can establish a Hotspot and connect this to your other devices. Please let me know if you’re interested in this, I will arrange it for you immediately! 

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +2

Welcome to our Community! @mas.jk 

I am sorry to hear that your connection is down. I will immediately have a look in our system to see if there are any updates. 

As our technician discovered, the issue is not within your house. Therefore, our Back office has made a ticket to the network administrator. They will make sure your connection will be up and running. 

I don’t want you to be without internet at all during this period. Maybe I am repeating this information, but were you already offered an Unlimited Voucher? In case you have a Odido or BEN sim card, I can send this to you. In that way you can establish a Hotspot and connect this to your other devices. Please let me know if you’re interested in this, I will arrange it for you immediately! 

Welcome to our Community! @mas.jk 

Hi, thanks for the answer. Yes I have been offered this but it does not help since the bandwith is not big enough. The connection is too slow or barely working for the rest of the devices as well. 

Main problem is that the Odido is claiming that my glass fibre optics provider is a company called VolkerWessels and they are saying that they are not responsible for the fibre optics installation in my neighborhood but another company called Van Gelder Telecoms, and I am confused because nobody is telling me anything, how long I need to wait, is the problem being taken care of, etc. Some information would be helpful really, so if you can investigate this problem for me in detail and give me some information it would be appreciated.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @mas.jk, Van Gelder is a subcontractor of Volkers Wessels. Hence the confusion. Van Gelder is only active in Rotterdam. We have instructed Volkers Wessels and they will instruct Van Gelder to solve the problem for you! 

Reageer