Beantwoord

Cannot Activate Modem

• 2 October 2020
  • 7 reacties
  • 236 Bekeken

Hi T-Mobile,

Today Friday 2/10 I moved to a new apartment. I tried installing my Modem several times and am

not able to get the WAN light on. The activation date was 30/9 and I checked that everything was well connected and in the corresponding socket. 

I got a Guidion appointment for 14/10 which is totally unacceptable. This was after I spent 30 minutes on Hold in the 0800 0092. 

In this day and age you cannot expect me to be 12 days without Internet and TV. Please speed this up anyway you can. Talk to KPN, tell me what else can I try or fix your system once and for all and comply with the dates you commit to.

There is a reason why I tell you that I am moving 2 weeks in advance. It is exactly to avoid these situations. At the very least give me unlimited GB in my Mobile Network Data to work normally

next week.

Fix this as soon as possible please, I am getting error 8180 like dozens others customers.

Regards,

1. Vázquez

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 4 October 2020, 18:43

Bekijk origineel

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @gvazquez9 

Since you tried installing the modem yourself if must be DSL?

If it is a wall socket where a 4 pin adapter goes in can you unscrew it and post a picture of the connected wires inside?

Is there no other ISRA in your fusebox for example and are you using the grey DSL cable that came with the modem that goes in the DSL port?

Hi Waqqas,

Thanks for your time and your questions. Please see my responses below.

1-Yes, this is DSL.

2-Please see pictures attached. It is indeed a wandcontactdoos or “pig nose”.

3- This is the only telephone line socket in the apartment. From it there are ethernet cables to the other rooms.

4- Yes, I am using the DSL cable I received from T-Mobile. 

Best regards,

Gonzalo

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@gvazquez9

Looks like there is only orange and blue, if I look closely both white wires are also connected along with orange and blue, you can remove both white wires.

Try restarting your modem now, was there no other connection box with just red and blue? If you have that one better use that one.

The cable going into the pipe looks pretty long, it could cause issues with the connection.

You could also try this.

Remove blue and white which are connected to green and connect the white wire which is now on red to green.

Or remove orange and white which are on red and connect the blue wire which is connected to green on red.

Hi again,

I tried what you said and other possibilities and nothing works. I still get the same lights as before, no WAN or INTERNET. Please have a look at the things I’ve tried. 

There’s no red cable. I removed the socket with 4 cables on the bottom and tried only with the 2 ones alone. Nothing makes any difference. The WAN light never even blinks at first.

Shall I try the brown and green ones with the blue /orange? If I find where that pipe with the cable leads to, can I find the two correct colors connected to the main entry?

Any other ideas?

Thanks a lot for taking the time.

Gonzalo

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@gvazquez9

The orange and white which are twisted are also tried?

The cable going into the pipe could lead to another ISRA so if you can find out that will help a lot.

Since the cable is quire long I guess it can cause problems to your connection.

Didn't see brown and green first, they are also both twisted with a white wire, you can try those 2 combinations on the connection box instead of the wires which are connected now.

Hi @Waqqas,

I was able to trace that cable back to the origin. There is another box outside on the hall that brings the line from the ground floor. After many different things I tried I connected the pig nose directly to the red and blue cables, in the hall. This was to see if the blue/red were alive. As a matter of fact, they are not. Same as always, even skipping the extension (orange and blue with white twisted).

Any idea what this could mean? The red and blue cables from downstairs came with other cables, which you see in the pics. Not sure what those are for, I left them how they were, plugged to that hub.

Regards,

Gonzalo

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@gvazquez9

The cable on the last photo looks like the main cable. You have red and blue connected now, there is also a orange and white wire in that cable.

Try orange instead of red and white instead of blue, otherwise there is no signal I guess.

Sorry for all the work I suggested you to do above, it was not needed and I could have told you to this point where the incoming cable is I guess 🤷‍♂️

Reageer