Beantwoord

Every month fiber optic is down for 3 days (10% total internet downtime)

• 22 October 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 65 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

I’ve been experiencing regular fiber optic outages (like 3-4 days without internet every month) for a while now.

I’ve contacted customer service multiple times. The problem is always the same. It’s on the Odido’s side.

I’m experiencing the same outage right now. Photo attached. Fiber connection is down on Odido’s side. 

Previous time I had an outage from September 11 till September 14. I contacted customer support and received referentienummer: 65678535. I was promised to be contacted within 3 business days. Nobody ever contacted me for this case. The internet went up on the fourth or fifth day of the outage.

The same thing happened in the summer multiple times.  

In the meantime I keep paying my bills.

Could you please finally fix the problem?! Thank you.

Postcode 1019TT

icon

Beste antwoord door Cheyenne van Odido 22 October 2023, 12:19

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

Hi @MarkK2, I am sorry to read this! If I understand correctly, it is not necessarily a dropping connection throughout the month, but you loose your connection for a few days every month? I have checked your connection right away and can't find any issues now, your modem is online with a seemingly stable connection. Have you already restarted the modem and the converter when you are experiencing this? If so, please contact us next time your connection drops preferably via 0800-0092 so my colleagues can look into your connection at the exact moment you are offline. If you don't want this, please note the exact date and time that you are offline + the lights that are burning/not burning on the modem and the converter. Thank you so much!

P.S I credited the amount for the drop in your connection in September right away, as I can see that my colleagues didn't do this. You will receive an e-mail to confirm this!

Hello Cheyenne!

Thank you for your reply.

Right now the fiber optic connection is back again. It dropped in the evening of Saturday. Customer support wasn’t reachable during these hours, so I decided to post the issue on the forum. 

Me and my spouse are working remotely quite often and we rely on the stable internet connection. Such fiber optic outages happen regularly and unpredictably - both during workdays and on the weekends. And then suddenly (either within a few days or a few hours) fiber optic is back again - we never know for how long we’re gonna stay without internet.

I will update this thread if I experience the same outage again in the future.

Thank you! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +5

I understand completely @MarkK2! Please keep me posted indeed!

Reageer