Fiber 2GB Internet / Speed problems

• 31 January 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 116 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

I got a 2Gb download/upload fiber connection from Odido installed yesterday. I still haven't been able to get the advertised speed in no way. I am standing in front of my modem, connected to the 5Ghz wifi with my iphone 12 and the max I can get is around 900mbps. I also connected with my laptop and the max is about the same. I dont have any laptop in the house that has an ethernet port to try the cable connection unfortunately, so I dont really know how I can be sure whether the connection is working properly or if its my devices that cannot take the higher speed.

I tried the Klantservice, but of course they say that everything is fine and I have no idea how can I test it myself without having a possibility to test it via cable. My laptop is recent and has only USB-C connections.
Does anyone know if its possible to connect a laptop via USB-C to to the modem??
Or does anyone have any other suggestion of how i can find out if my connection is indeed ok or working slower than it should??

This is my wifi connection & its properties:

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @KatAlm

You can connect the laptop to the modem via USB-C to ethernet adapter. Just make sure its for 2.5Gbe, otherwise you still wont reach the 2G speeds.

Hello Sven,

I just did that and the speeds are still not what I expected. I got as mush as 1100mbps and that was it. 

This shouldn't happen, if Odido advertise a certain speed, than there is no reason for the speed not to be reached. I got the installation done on Tuesday, nothing is done than I will cancel this subscription since I'm still on the 14-day trial period and this is not what I'm paying for.

So, any suggestion??

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @KatAlm, make sure your device you are testing it with can handle more than 1000 Mbit/s. Not all devices can handle that speed. Also, your internet cable should be at least a Cat6 and it should be in the blue 2.5 Gbit/s port. 

Hi Tommie, yes, my device can handle more than 1000Mbit/s (it is a high performance laptop), yes my cable is Cat6 and yes, I connected to the 2.5Gb port. The Internet connection is not working properly. Don't know how many times I have to repeat that. Also, can we not disregard that I cannot get the minimum wifi treshold defined by Odido (at least 40%) right in front, basically glued to the modem??!

At this moment, with only my laptop conneected to the wifi, I'm getting not even 700mbps

Before, I had Ziggo Internet fiber + DSL combo of 1GB and in front of the modem, with the same devices (let's take the iphone 12), I got 900+ Mbps. With your connection, a supposed 2GB fiber Internet, in the same conditions I'm getting 700Mbps. So please add that to the not compliant laptop cable connection that doesn't work.

So please, what is the solution here???

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @KatAlm, I see that three devices are currently connected to the 2.5 Gbit/s port. Would you connect only a laptop wired and run the following speed test wired? Thanks in advance. 

The instructions for this can be found on our website.
- If you have a computer with macOS, please check this page: handleiding-snelheidsproblemen-mac-os.pdf (odido.nl)
- If you have a Windows computer, please check this page: handleiding-snelheidsproblemen-windows-10.pdf (odido.nl)

Please follow all the steps carefully, please share the screenshots in the topic instead of to our e-mail. We cannot process an application with missing steps.

Reageer