Beantwoord

Help setting up xiaomi mesh AX3000 with T-mobile router

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 273 Bekeken

Hello, 
I have Fiber optic connection for 1000mbps. 

I have 3 floor house and therefore decided to go for Xiaomi Mesh AX3000 (2-peice) setup. Don’t want to go for Subscription package offered by T-mobile.

At first I thought of replacing it with the T-mobile router but for some reason when I plug in the lan cable to WAN port of Xiaomi it doesn’t detect any internet. So I decided to use the T-mobile Router and then use lan cables to connect the Xiaomi Mesh system on it. 

But then I get two different wifi netwroks one which is offered by T-mobile router iteself and then another one with Xiaomi.

But that kills the purpose of having mesh system because this way it is not really making a mesh but simply working as WIFI extender but with two different networks.

Do you guys have a suggestion what could I do to fix this?

Apart from this I am not really getting the speed of 1000mbps.

Its hardly touching 400 mbps on wifi. 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 16 March 2023, 09:43

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @akshaypatil1234 

I don't think the Xiaomi supports VLAN? So you will need the Zyxel. The Zyxel and Xiaomi will not work in a mesh netwerk so it is better to turn off the WiFi in the Zyxel and use the Xiaomi in Acces Point Mode.

does it mean it works like then simply WIFI extender? and i don’t really get to use Mesh functionality? 
Is it then wise to buy a different router which can work with mesh of Xiaomi?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@akshaypatil1234

There are 2 Xiaomi units, they don't work together in a mesh setup? You can look for a VLAN capable router that supports Xiaomi mesh.

So AX3000 comes with 2 unit which links up together with mesh but then it doesn’t really work together with T-mobile provided router. I connect Xiaomi to Tmobile router using Lan cable and hence i get two SSID to connect to. 

This way its killing the speed on WIFI and as well as Xiaomi Lan to my laptop.

But Ok it seems there is option to use VLan on AX3000. I have no clue what is vLAN. So I have to dig into it and give it a try.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@akshaypatil1234

In that caste you can connect the Xiaomi instead of to Zyxel and use VLAN ID 300 for internet with connection type dHCP, you could share some pictures of the VLAN setup if you don't know what to do.

@Waqqas Thank you for the help.

I will test this tonight and share the picture if I get stuck. 

Reageer