home Internet fiber is down since yesterday

• 14 November 2023
  • 20 reacties
  • 141 Bekeken

• is een Master Poster
  • 21 reacties

Woenselsestraat *** (bewerkt door moderator)

PON - No Light

LOS - Red light

I did the reboot and reset of router and the media connector as mentioned in the help articles. Please help to restore the connection.

Ishana van Odido 5 maanden geleden

Hi @npanda, good that you pointed this out! I checked it immediately and I also see this in the measurements. I therefore immediately forwarded it to our technical department. You will then be contacted by email as soon as possible. 

To help you out, you can use the internet for free via our 4G network. This is possible if you have an Odido/Ben SIM card. Of course, you don't just need internet on your mobile phone. No worries! Set up your phone as a hotspot to create a Wi-Fi network for your laptop and other devices. You can find the steps to set up your phone as a hotspot on our website: https://www.odido.nl/toestelhulp. Will you let me know if you have one of these SIM cards? I will then immediately send you a voucher code for unlimited internet! 😊 Greetings, Ishana

Bekijk origineel

20 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @npanda 

Have you checked your Odido account under meer > storingen to see if there is a problem with the fiber at your address?

Hi @Waqqas yes I have checked. No maintenance or malfunction details on my account yet.

Reputatie 5
Badge +3

Hi @npanda, good that you pointed this out! I checked it immediately and I also see this in the measurements. I therefore immediately forwarded it to our technical department. You will then be contacted by email as soon as possible. 

To help you out, you can use the internet for free via our 4G network. This is possible if you have an Odido/Ben SIM card. Of course, you don't just need internet on your mobile phone. No worries! Set up your phone as a hotspot to create a Wi-Fi network for your laptop and other devices. You can find the steps to set up your phone as a hotspot on our website: https://www.odido.nl/toestelhulp. Will you let me know if you have one of these SIM cards? I will then immediately send you a voucher code for unlimited internet! 😊 Greetings, Ishana

Hi Ishana! I currently don't have a Ben/odido sim card. Can you help me in any other way? I am working from home and it's difficult without internet.

@Ishana van Odido can you please help? There was an appointment scheduled and the technician said it's an issue with the underground cable. It will take 3-5 days.

@Ishana van Odido I am just picking up an odido sim at the store. Can you please send the voucher code. They charged me 10 euros for the sim

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @npanda, A SIM card does indeed cost €10. Normally, we also do not reimburse this only when it comes to a prolonged period without internet. At the moment, you are at 1 day and the technician is coming in 3 days. This is too short a period to reimburse the SIM card. Should the mechanic not be able to solve this, we will start looking at whether the period is long enough to refund the SIM card. 

@Tommie van Odido so do you mean that because Odido is not able to keep their connection stable and unable to resolve it immediately if there is an issue due to which I have to pay from my pocket to buy a sim to keep my internet going?

I want your written consent on this. Could you please confirm the above statement is right?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@npanda you do need to give us time to resolve it. If you have a mobile subscription from Odido or Ben® then we can provide you with the voucher code. Buying an additional SIM card is indeed at your own expense. We can only reimburse these for you if the outage has lasted long enough. If so, I will of course reimburse the cost of the SIM card for you. To do this, I do need a picture of the purchase receipt. I will also reimburse you for the cost of not being able to use our services. However, I can only do this once the problem has been solved, as I then have a fixed period in which I can reimburse. 

@Tommie van Odido I understand. But I have a question, why do you expect every home connection customer to own a Odido sim? You should then not only restrict your vouchers for odido sims. If it's a service issue it has to be compensated in whatever way possible. Providing a voucher only for odido/ben is a restriction imposed by Odido. Why should a customer suffer because of that? If you are not able to reimburse the sim costs then you should also have a way to provide vouchers of other sim companies else an option to reimburse unlimited internet costs with other sim companies. Only reason I have to buy a Odido sim is because you have forced me to do so by your voucher restrictions limited to odido/ben sim.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @npanda, I completely understand and agree with your sentiment in this. However, I also have to abide by the rules attached to this. If we offer a €10 SIM card to everyone who is without internet for two or three days, the costs run high. If you share the receipt with me, I will refund the SIM card for you! 

Thanks @Tommie van Odido .

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

I have refunded the SIM card for you. This will be credited and can be seen on your next invoice @npanda!

Hi Team! I have not received any calls yet. No appointments have been scheduled. It's been more than a week since the internet is down. Can you please help to escalate this to get an immediate attention.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @npanda, that's strange considering our technicians forwarded the ticket on November 18th. I'm very sorry this has been such a burden. I'll try and push your case into the priority-zone. Please give me a day's time.

Internet connection was fixed today. I couldn't use my internet exactly for 15 days. 

Pathetic technical support from odido and guidion team. The KPN guys who visited to my home said the guidion team had said some underground cable was broken. It's a pity that the guidion guy did not check before concluding on the issue. The network connection was disconnected at central connection hub. If the guidion guy would have done his work properly I would not have suffered for so many days. Please update my invoice to exclude 15 days on my internet charges for November month.

This will be my first and last contract with Odido. One of the least bothered company to focus on customer satisfaction. The service was crap when I applied for TMobile connection couple of years back and couldn't get the connection on time at my home. I had opted for ziggo and it was zero days downtime in my whole 1 year contract with ziggo.

@Ishana van Odido, @Tommie van Odido, @Jason van Odido 

Do you guys have no checklist on doing a troubleshooting for any connectivity issues? I want to understand how did the guidion technician conclude that the underground cable was broken?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @npanda, I am happy to hear that it has been resolved. We cannot deduct 15 days from your bill, but I can refund the days for you. I will refund the days you did not have internet (14 November to 28 November) for you. This will be settled and reflected on your next bill. Guidion's technician reads the line by a line measurement. This shows whether there is a break in the cable. 

Thanks @Tommie van Odido for your immediate response. I would still like to understand what prevented the odido technical team to not verify the central connection? It was just 5 minutes of work and why was it not handled properly by the tech team. I am trying to help you guys out to improve the issue resolution process here.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @npanda, we have a whole procedure for this. Guidion first visits to check the home situation. Not all Guidion technicians can enter the district exchange. This was also the case in your case, this must then be passed on to the subcontractor. They can then check the district exchange and possibly solve the problem. 

Reageer