internt connection problem Macbook

• 16 October 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 122 Bekeken

Hey, I recently got a 400 mbps connection. It is working fine on my mobile devices. Both download and upload speed are around 350 mbps. But it’s not working properly on my macbook. It’s getting connected to the router. At the beginning, it works but speed is slow, below 50 mbps. After couple of minutes, nothing loads and there is no internet connection. Most of the time the wifi is connected to the macbook, sometimes it gets disconnected (5% of the times). So, each time I have to disconnect and reconnect to the wifi. It works for couple of minutes and then same story again. 

How do I solve this problem?

Waqqas 6 maanden geleden

Hello @anik.dey 

Do you perhaps have a Zyxel-T54 -56?

What you can try is go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser, login with admin and the login password behind your Zyxel.

Go to the menu, netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen and select WPA2-PSK as your beveiligingsmodus.

If your mac only supports 2,4 GHz WiFi than the speeds will be lower.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @anik.dey 

Do you perhaps have a Zyxel-T54 -56?

What you can try is go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser, login with admin and the login password behind your Zyxel.

Go to the menu, netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen and select WPA2-PSK as your beveiligingsmodus.

If your mac only supports 2,4 GHz WiFi than the speeds will be lower.

Hey @Waqqas, thanks for your suggestion. I have tried to do what you said and now I’m getting better speed on my macbook. Download speed around 270 mbps and upload speed around 170 mbps. But now I’m getting this message on my phone. 

I restarted the router but still getting the same message. What can be the solution here?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@anik.dey 

Can you do as said in the error?

When logged in in the router go to menu, netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen, choose channels that are not that busy?

hey @Waqqas, for the last couple of days I tried different settings and nothing helped actually. And it seems like connectivity/speed with macbook is the problem. On mobile devices, it works fine. Can you suggest me a router setting that usually works well with Macbook? It’s been a long time and I’m getting frustrated?

Thanks!

Reageer