Beantwoord

New to T-Mobile, in 3 weeks, 3 times without internet.

Dear forum, hope you can help me. 

After being for 20y in Ziggo and 0 problems, I switched to t-mobile gigabit in Amsterdam East on March 2nd. Since then, I have had a very unstable connection and a couple of days without service.

Since Monday I have no internet, I have the PON light blinking in my Huawei media converter, and the red globe light in the T50. I made an appointment for tomorrow with Gidion, but because the internet worked for 3 hours this morning, T-Mobile cancelled it. Now I am since 1PM again without internet.

I have called your support twice since, and after 3 hours I still don't have a ticket to make the new appointment - The technical department is too busy they tell me, and they need to approve it. The worst part is that where I live, there is no T-Mobile 4G service, so the unlimited internet also doesn't work.

Can someone help accelerate the fix for this? I asked about cancelling the contract and moving back to Ziggo, but I am told I need to give T-Mobile 2 months to find the issue and fix it. With COVID and working from home that is impossible.

Please help.

Elena.

icon

Beste antwoord door Cal van Odido 25 March 2021, 10:52

Bekijk origineel

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @ElenaB,

Good that you create awareness for the issue you're experiencing and I’m very sorry for the inconvenience! This is far from our intent, and I'm happy to see that a technician will be coming by soon. I've thoroughly analyzed your connection and I'm convinced that the mechanic could easily provide your connection with the stability we both wish for. We'll fix this soon and we'll make sure that you can enjoy our internet without disruption!

Hi @Cal ,

Thanks for the message. In the mean time the connection came back, but its very unstable. This is test I just did using the T-Mobile speedtest provided by your colleagues on the phone.

https://t-mobile.speedtestcustom.com/result/2a4c8f60-8d51-11eb-88b8-a1972895b21e

Using cable, and connected to the Zyxel router. I dont know if there is anything that can be done to fix the speed without having to wait for the mechanic, as the work calls on MS Teams are freezing this morning as a result.

The mechanic is now scheduled for Monday.

KR,

Elena

Hi @Cal,

New speed tests … https://t-mobile.speedtestcustom.com/result/fd3b7e00-8e04-11eb-a975-51aa55150adb 

Any chance this can be solved before Monday?

Thanks!

Elena

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @ElenaB, thanks for the update and my sincerest apologies it hasn’t been fixed yet! 

Could you please perform the speedtests by using the Ookla app or web version (speedtest.net)? 

Guidion will come by on the 29th I see, so the technician will definitely resolve the issue by then, but prior to that visit, I’d like to see a more precise test, if that’s possible. Thanks so much for cooperating!

Hi @ElenaB, thanks for the update and my sincerest apologies it hasn’t been fixed yet! 

Could you please perform the speedtests by using the Ookla app or web version (speedtest.net)? 

Guidion will come by on the 29th I see, so the technician will definitely resolve the issue by then, but prior to that visit, I’d like to see a more precise test, if that’s possible. Thanks so much for cooperating!

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the message. Some tests from right now from different servers (via cable).

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11159308983

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11159328801

KR,

Elena

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @ElenaB, I apologize for my somewhat impertinent answer, but could you post a screenshot of the entire desktop so that we can see that the tests have been performed on an to ethernet connected laptop/desktop computer? If the LAN (ethernet) isn't visible, our technicians unfortunately cannot verify that it isn't performed whilst connected to Wifi and will close the ticket automatically. Thanks again and sorry for having been unclear in my previous response!

Hi @ElenaB, I apologize for my somewhat impertinent answer, but could you post a screenshot of the entire desktop so that we can see that the tests have been performed on an to ethernet connected laptop/desktop computer? If the LAN (ethernet) isn't visible, our technicians unfortunately cannot verify that it isn't performed whilst connected to Wifi and will close the ticket automatically. Thanks again and sorry for having been unclear in my previous response!

Hi Jason,

Attached the current test, same computer, same setup. I am not sure if you made changes in the back end, would be good to know. 

Seems the download/upload is better.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/11161362742

enjoy the weekend.

Elena.

Hi @ElenaB, I apologize for my somewhat impertinent answer, but could you post a screenshot of the entire desktop so that we can see that the tests have been performed on an to ethernet connected laptop/desktop computer? If the LAN (ethernet) isn't visible, our technicians unfortunately cannot verify that it isn't performed whilst connected to Wifi and will close the ticket automatically. Thanks again and sorry for having been unclear in my previous response!

Hi Jason,

Speed test from this morning:

The t-mobile speedtest doesnt do upload

The tests are done with Wifi disconnected.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Thanks for all the information @ElenaB! I see that a technician of ours came by earlier today and changed a couple of things. I'm happy to see that the connection seems to have improved a lot because of it.

If you're still encountering problems with the internet speed, could you please send us a speedtest via the Ookla desktop app with all other programs & unnecessary processes shut down? I noticed that in your last speedtests you have several programs running, which could significantly impact the speeds you measure and the performance of your PC. Happy to help out!

Hi @Cal, indeed technician came, did a speed test of 50Mbps and changed the fiber cable to the media converter. We did some speed tests of 400/500Mbps. He mentioned that I can still request to have the line frequency changed, or to be moved to a different "hub”, where it is less busy.

Not sure if that is possible, or required.

Elena

Hello @Cal  

I have taken a new t-mobile wifi connection for which the modem is delivered and also the payment cycle is started.I realised that my previous tenant has taken a ziggo connection hence the socket doesn’t match and also I don’t know about the underlying socket connections,

I’d need some help who can guide me thru the installation process.

Thanks!

Reputatie 7

Hi @Raktim007 ,

Thanks for your message and welcome to our Community! I’m aware that there's been contact with our customer service and through them our technical services have been notified. A technician is on its way to fix the situation for you, so that you can enjoy the connection as soon as possible. Please let us know how the appointment went. If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Hello @Boris : unfortunately the appointment didn’t happen and I also didn’t get a follow up mail/message about the same. I am still without internet. Do you know if a simple 2 pin to 5 pin converter might work[since my wall socket input is 2 pin and T-mobile needs a 5 pin Input?] 

Your quick reply is much appreciated! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Raktim007,

Good that you notify me, this is certainly something I want to solve for you!

We would love to use the 2-pin connection, but a different provider holds sole rights over this type of connection. You can find all the different forms in which the connection point could exist in your house on the following page: https://www.t-mobile.nl/klantenservice/thuis/internet-wifi/installeren/aansluitpunt. Hopefully you can use this page to still find the right connection point.

In the meantime it seems that you have an appointment with our technician tomorrow. I am very hopeful that the technician will be able to get you fully online!

Reageer