Beantwoord

No LAN internet and modem login issue

• 3 June 2020
  • 5 reacties
  • 340 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hi there, Good evening!

Last week, I changed our ISP from Xs4all to T-mobile. The previous modem was replaced by the new Zyxel T50. However the internet rigth now is frastrating! 

I can only use the wifi broadcasted from the modem (wifi name: TMNL-D017A1). When I connect my laptop via LAN cable there is no internet!! Why is it?? 

While using laptop (LAN connection to the modem), when I type 192.168.1.1 it shows me a ICIDU router’s page, why is it??

I am using this Zyxel modem why I get this mysterious ICIDU thing? BEsides, this ICIDU router has its own WIFI channel which I can see from my devices (name also ICIDU with no passwords). How is this possible??

This makes me confused. The Zyxel t50 modem which I am using now is actually a ICIDU router??? 

In addition, I found a even more ridiculous fact: when I reboot the ICIDU router from the  192.168.1.1, during the rebooting,  the LAN connection can have internet for a few seconds! It means my own modem is blocking my internet!! Only during its rebooting I can have internet???

Anyone can solve this problem?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 4 June 2020, 00:05

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Jiao 

Looks like both routers have the same default gateway 192.168.1.1 and that can cause problems, removing the ICIDU will solve it or ;

Log in in to your ICIDU router and change the default gateway to 192.168.0.1. After restarting you should be in the zyxel interface when browsing to 192.168.1.1 and in the interface you can change the wifi settings.

Wi-fi SSID can also be changed in your T-mobile account but only when everything is activated.

Looks like your connection is not activated yet do you have a fiber or DSL connection and what is the status in your T-mobile account?.

Hi Waqqas,

Thank you so much! Now I have internet for LAN. It is the ICIDU router jamming my modem. Since we have a shared cobinet with our neighbour for internet instalations, I don’t  even know when it was plugged into our modem. 

Another thing, I found I cannot login to the Zyxel modem now. It says the “user name is invalid currently”. I logged in the Zyxel modem before with the default user name and password, and I changed the password according to the instruction but I remember I didn’t change the user name. 

Regards,

Jiao

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Jiao

Is your Internet working now?

I would prefer to not change the zyxel interface password ( on the back of your modem). Just perform a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back of your modem for about 10 seconds using a small needle and then the default log in will work again.

Changing your wifi SSID and password is not an issue.

I have a Zyxel too and I didn't change the modems password for the interface because a few users said it could cause problems but I heard its solved now. Maybe you can try it later once again.

Yes it is working! Many thanks for your suggestions.

I will try to reset it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Great to hear 😁😁😁

Reageer