Beantwoord

Playstation 5 low upload speed

• 13 July 2022
  • 4 reacties
  • 487 Bekeken

Hello everyone,

I have DSL (Zxyel T50) T-mobiel thuis internet and I get very low upload speed when I do internet test on my ps5! It is connected with hight quality 5 meter Lan cable so there is no wifi issue.I get 89Mbps Download speed but only get under 10Mbps upload speed, which on my laptop or iphone wifi internet test I get 25Mbps upload! 

So is there a setting in the modem that I can improve upload speed on my ps5? 

Thanks! 

Arash 

icon

Beste antwoord door Boris 13 July 2022, 13:53

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

4 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @ArashNik

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Community! 🙌 The downloadspeed and uploadspeed on a PS5 can fluctuate compared to a laptop, because of the network card which Sony uses for their systems. When I check your connection I see that a maximum upload of around 26 Mbit/s is possible. The result you get when measuring it through your laptop is the most accurate. 

Hi @ArashNik

Thanks for your message and welcome to the Community! 🙌 The downloadspeed and uploadspeed on a PS5 can fluctuate compared to a laptop, because of the network card which Sony uses for their systems. When I check your connection I see that a maximum upload of around 26 Mbit/s is possible. The result you get when measuring it through your laptop is the most accurate. 

Thanks for reply, Then I know! By the way is it possible to request from T-mobile to assign a special ip or enhancement that I get internet with lower ping which is more ideal for gaming? Some internet providers have this option!  Thanks 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @ArashNik 

Connect your PlayStation directly to the modem with an internet cable for the best gaming experience so without a switch between the modem and PlayStation for example.

There is no special service for gamers as far as I know.

By the way is it possible to request from T-mobile to assign a special ip or enhancement that I get internet with lower ping which is more ideal for gaming? Some internet providers have this option!  Thanks 

Unfortunately there's no such service. I'm not familiar with an internetprovider that offer such a service. Some providers might offer a dedicated IP (paid or free, depending on the ISP) however T-Mobile doesn't offer such a service.

Enhancements to decrease the ping isn't allowed in the EU, if a provider in the EU offers such a service it would mean they don't comply with EU regulations to not block/filter the internet and/or prioritize data.