Tech support lied to me for almost a week.

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 reacties
  • 45 Bekeken

Goendendag, ik type mijn bericht in Engels, mijn Nederlands is nog niet zo goed. 

I want to raise my frustration with the technical support from Odido. Our thuis internet went offline last week Thurday (7 March) at around 10am, Internet light was red and the LOS light on the fiber box was flickering red.

That was the first time I phoned Odido and I was told by the person on the line that there seems to be a general problem (algemeen storing in de buurt). I was told that I would get a notification via email about this and they they are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible.

Friday afternoon I phone again to get an update about the problem, as I did not receive any email or communication about this "general problem” like the person told me the day before. The new person I spoke to seems annoyed that I was phoning them again about the problem and basically told me: Yes there is still a general problem in the area. At least this person informed me about the unlimited mobile internet we can get and did send me codes to activate this on out sim cards for 7 days.

So over the weekend I did not contact Odido again, still did not receive any communication about the issue and I also started checking on the community and AlleStoringen etc to see if anyone is also experiencing issues with their internet in our area, and found nothing. I then asked on our area Facebook group if anyone is also having internet issues with Odido Thuis in our area and people replied and said they had no issues. At this point I am getting suspicious and thinking that this does not seem like and issue in the area. 

On Monday morning (11 March) I phoned again to ask for an update about the problem, I was again told that there is still a general issue in the area and they can't tell me when it will be fixed. I told this person that I asked in the area and no one else seems to have any issues, only us. They told me that they would escalate the issue and get a technical person to get in contact with me, and that I would receive an email detailing this. By the Monday afternoon I have not received any communication via email or anything, so I phoned again. I explained the situation to the person I was now talking to and they then said again that they will get a technical person involved and I would receive communication about this via email. This time I did get the email immediately about the "melding". So it seems the person I spoke to in the morning did not do as they said they would.

The next day, Tuesday (12 March), I got a message from Guidion to make an appointment for monteur to come to the house. The monteur came today at 9am (13 March) and it took him all but 20min to put the internet back online. I asked him what the problem was, and he said that someone disconnected our internet line from the box in the buurt. Probably just a mistake. Geen algemeen storing in de buurt...

So, for nearly a week the technical support keeps telling me that the internet is offline in our area, a lie it seems to me, something that I feel like they just say in the hopes that the issue would resolve itself.

I have to investigate myself, phone multiple times to eventually get someone to take me seriously and actually get a technical person involved. Ridiculous and pathetic. I have nothing good to say about this experience with Odido technical support. My internet would probably still be offline and people telling me there is a "algemeen storing” if I did not start pushing them to get someone to come and have a look.

At least Guidoin was fast, friendly and helpful.

Tommie van Odido 1 maand geleden

Hey @EtienneBru, welcome to our Community.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with you that communication should have been a lot better in this case. We will take this on board in the future. My apologies for this. However, I am happy to hear that Guidion was able to help you quickly and that you got back online. My apologies again for the inconvenience!

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @EtienneBru, welcome to our Community.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I agree with you that communication should have been a lot better in this case. We will take this on board in the future. My apologies for this. However, I am happy to hear that Guidion was able to help you quickly and that you got back online. My apologies again for the inconvenience!

o, well, at least you have internet again? congrats!

i called every day for 3 weeks, and still nothing, so i give up..

Reageer