Valorant Packetloss - Cant play

Hello Odido Team,

I just got my 1GB odido fiber Internet & i’m quite displeased with the packet losses i’m seeing while playing valorant so far. So basically heres my setup.

To brief

I had Ziggo before (DSL) the router was in my living room & ive had two extenders in my game room(first floor) as well another one in the same floor. I never used wired (ethernet) to connect from the extender nor from the router itself to my laptop while gaming. So basically on wifi i had not packet losses & was able to game just fine. 

So turning to the fiber optics i assumed my internet could get just better but this isnt the case yet.

My current setup.

Odido’s router is in my metered cupboard not in my living room. When Guidion came for installation i asked them to put the router in my living room same place as my previous router but they mentioned this type of installation is not the part of the package & i need to pay some 80 to 100 Euros.

I have two wifi extenders from odido put in the same place as Ziggo’s. Ive tried connecting directly to router / extender / extender to laptop via LAN & none of them seem to dissolve the packet loss. 

Let me know what trace routes & pings to be done so can i hopefully get this issue resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Waqqas 1 maand geleden

Hallo @Vinoth_B 

Is it possible for you to install a internetcable from the cupboard to the livingroom? In your cupboard connect the cable to the ONT and connect your router in the livingroom. Connect the laptop with a cable to the router for a better gaming experience.

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Heres traceroute to EU valorant.

Tracing route to 162.249.72.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  home [192.168.1.1]
  2    10 ms     7 ms     7 ms  1-88-209-87.ftth.glasoperator.nl [87.209.88.1]
  3    17 ms    11 ms    11 ms  10.10.12.49
  4    13 ms    11 ms    11 ms  10.226.4.18
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @Vinoth_B 

Is it possible for you to install a internetcable from the cupboard to the livingroom? In your cupboard connect the cable to the ONT and connect your router in the livingroom. Connect the laptop with a cable to the router for a better gaming experience.

@Waqqas Thanks for your response. As soon as I made appointment with Guidion,  enquired Odido that the technician from Guidion would also run through the wires to setup the router in living room.

I was told it would be taken care of by Guidion.

It was surprising to know that Guidion wouldn't do it as a part of package and I need to pay something. 

Would Odido help with arranging for running through wires to living room?

Also I wont be able to connect to my router from laptop as they are in different floors. I would expect odido modem/extenders to perform the same as Ziggo's or even better but not worse. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Vinoth_B 

Odido can send Guidion to install a cable for you but it's not free.

Here are the costs

This way the WiFi signal will be stronger. You can also look if you can install the cable yourself or maybe someome can help you.

Another option is purchasing a Deco P9 set for example, connect one unit to the ONT in the cupboard and set it up for Odido internet, place one unit in the livingroom and one unit next to your laptop for example, they'll connect via the electric wires in your house.

This way you won't need the Zyxel and you'll have a strong signal in the whole house.

Hey @Waqqas Thanks for the info. I can try the P9 set is it any way I can be compensated for it not completely thou since I own it afterwards but partially by Odido so I don't burn a hole in my pocket. It costs 217€ when I checked now. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vinoth_B 

Odido can't compensate for purchasing your own router, if it's too expensive you can try to make the Zyxel WiFi stronger.

@Waqqas 
Alright. what costs it would incur to put the modem in my living room? Could you share the total costs?

@Waqqas any update here?

I also have two wifi points from Odido, the speed from the mesh is ¼ of the total speed & one mesh network doesnt connect properly most of the times.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vinoth_B

To make an estimate of the costs it's better that a technician can look at what needs to be done first.

@Waqqas how do i arrange for one? Please let me know the procedure. Also i feel the router and the mesh networks are not setup correctly. One of the mesh works in a weird way it shows itself as a router in the MproMesh app. I would be really happy for someone to troublehsoot the setup with me so i gain confidence to continue with Odido. I also shared the tracert and traffic image to valorant servers showing the packet loss. I submitted the post but it says it will be validated by the moderator. Did you receive my post? Would you be able to check the details i shared?

Also is there someone i can talk to explain the issue better ? I feel my reflection period is ending but i would like to fix this issue else look elsewhere for another provider. 

Reageer