Question about number transfer and temporary numbers

• 3 February 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 100 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hello.

I have ordered 2 cellular phone numbers in Odido, both with the transfer and saving of the number from another operator (Youfone). And I already received both SIM-cards: one is phisycal SIM, and the second is eSIM.

Odido gave me the temporary phone numbers of these SIM cards. The same numbers are written on the packages from the SIM cards themselves.

As I understand it, until my phone numbers transfer process from previous operator not completed, both new sim cards should work, but with temporary numbers. However, none of the sim cards work: the phone says "No signal".

Please explain, is this some kind of problem with sim cards, or should they not work until the number transfer process is completed? If they don't have to, then why did Odido emails tell me the temporary numbers?

Thanks.

Johrick van Odido 3 maanden geleden

Hi @wf1nder,

How nice of you to come to us with your mobile subscriptions! I can totally imagine the confusion. I am therefore happy to give you more clarity.  

It is indeed true that you have received a temporary number for both subscriptions. This number cannot be used until the transfer of your numbers is complete. This is because otherwise you will incur double costs. We give you the temporary number so that we know which SIM card you have and so that you are already in our system! So it's all correct. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, you know where to find me!

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 6
Badge +3

Hi @wf1nder,

How nice of you to come to us with your mobile subscriptions! I can totally imagine the confusion. I am therefore happy to give you more clarity.  

It is indeed true that you have received a temporary number for both subscriptions. This number cannot be used until the transfer of your numbers is complete. This is because otherwise you will incur double costs. We give you the temporary number so that we know which SIM card you have and so that you are already in our system! So it's all correct. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, you know where to find me!

Reageer