Beantwoord

Unable to Get Phone Number without Phone Number

• 4 October 2023
  • 3 reacties
  • 130 Bekeken

I have recently moved to the Netherlands from abroad, and I am trying to get a Dutch phone number, as it seems to be a requirement for a great deal of everyday interactions. I am having difficulty, however, because when attempting to get an eSIM for my phone, it asks for a phone number, and will not accept international numbers. How am I to get a phone number if I cannot provide a phone number that will be accepted?

icon

Beste antwoord door iwpierce 4 October 2023, 16:15

Bekijk origineel

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi iwpierce, first off welcome to our Community and welcome to the Netherlands! I hope you're enjoying your time here. Thank you for choosing Odido for your subscription. You should be able to order an eSIM even without a current (Dutch) phone number. What's the exact error that you get while trying to order? I will dive into it and I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer!

You could also give my colleagues from Sales a call on 0800-0092. They can help you with this right away. Another (and the best) option regarding everything around an eSIM is to visit one of our Odido Shops, this is also the quickest way to activate your new eSIM. Please let me know what error you are getting and if you contacted Sales. I look forward to your reply! 😄

Hi iwpierce, first off welcome to our Community and welcome to the Netherlands! I hope you're enjoying your time here. Thank you for choosing Odido for your subscription. You should be able to order an eSIM even without a current (Dutch) phone number. What's the exact error that you get while trying to order? I will dive into it and I will get back to you as soon as I get an answer!

You could also give my colleagues from Sales a call on 0800-0092. They can help you with this right away. Another (and the best) option regarding everything around an eSIM is to visit one of our Odido Shops, this is also the quickest way to activate your new eSIM. Please let me know what error you are getting and if you contacted Sales. I look forward to your reply! 😄

Thank you for your response - I was able to go into one of the Odido shops to get an account set up. For future customers coming from abroad, when you try to enter a phone number (which is required to make an order online), it does not allow the use of the '+' character, and does not allow for enough digits to enter an international number, making completion of the order impossible.

Fortunately I was able to go into a store to get this resolved. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi, you're very welcome! Great that you had the opportunity to visit a shop already. I'm glad to hear that they were able to help you. Thank you for letting me know and for giving extra information for other future customers from abroad. You're already a great addition to our Community! 😊

Have a good evening,

Marciano

Reageer