Beantwoord

Account canceled but still being charged

• 25 January 2024
  • 13 reacties
  • 122 Bekeken

Hello, I had a mobile account with T-Mobile which turned into an Odido account. I relocated from the Netherlands to the USA in October and canceled my Odido phone service. I am still receiving demands for payment each month and have not been able to get support that has actually resolved this issue. I have contacted customer service several times and each time am told the account is canceled. But the invoices keep coming. What can I do? 

icon

Beste antwoord door lorindasc 20 February 2024, 14:57

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Lorindasc, sorry to see you go, but the USA sounds amazing! Are you enjoying it? I've looked into your account, and I do see a disconnection request. Strange that your subscription did not get cancelled. I think the cancelation got stuck. I see that you tried to cancel your subscription on the 9th of November 2023. You always have 1 month notice period, so the end of your contract was supposed to be on the 9th of December. However, I see that you stopped paying your invoices in November already. The invoices for November and December are still to be paid, because your subscription ran in those months, and I see that it has been used in December as well.

If you cancel your subscription early (before the end of you contract) you also pay a compensation (schadevergoeding) for the months that your contract still runs. The best thing to do now is to pay the open amount via iDeal in Mijn Odido. Keep in mind that this includes the invoice for January. Once you've done this, I can cancel the disconnection request that got stuck and request a new cancelation order right away. Then, I can see what the total amount of the compensation (schadevergoeding) is. I will calculate the total amount and I wil deduct the amount of the month January, so you never pay too much.

Please let me know once you've done this, so I can get to work for you! 😄

Thanks for getting back to me Marciano. I have a couple of quick questions: 

1. If you can confirm I Made the cancelation request in November, shouldn’t you be rolling back the cancelation until that date?
  2. When I contacted Odido originally, I was told by the representative that if there is a good reason (i.e. relocating to a different country) that I could cancel without a compensation to Odido. Why is this not the case? And how much is that fee?
  3. If I make payment today, can you guarantee I will receive no more invoices or demands for payment for an account I cannot use?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Hi Marciano, 

Thanks for asking, the relocation has been difficult but I’m happy to be back in NY, with all the sounds and yes, the smells. :)

I have made the payment for January on my account. Can you please cancel the phone service please and make sure I don’t receive any more invoices? 

Thank you,

Lorinda

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Lorinda, I hope you had a great weekend! To answer your questions:

1. I calculated the disconnection fee, selecting the 9th of November as the disconnection request date. So I did roll back to the original cancelation request date. More on the disconnection fee below!
  2. Moving abroad was a special cancelation situation, but this was changed already a few years ago. Cancelations because of moving abroad are seen as regular cancelations since the last few years.

I just canceled the cancelation request that got stuck. So, I got to see what the disconnection fee is. It's € 65,17. Besides this, you paid the invoice for January € 65,16, which I am credting back as promised. The open amount in your account is currently € 173,07 (for the invoices of November and December). The easiest and quickest way to resolve this and cancel your subscription is to pay the open amount of € 173,07 via iDeal in Mijn Odido. Our system will process this payment in 1 day. So, tomorrow I can request a credit of € 130,33 (€ 65,17 disconnection fee + € 65,16 invoice January) and you will receive this amount back on your bank account within 14 days after the request. That way you will only have paid for the remaining amount of € 42,74 which was the rightful open amount for your account.

It's a bit of a puzzle, but I hope I made it clear! 😊

Please let me know if you have any questions and if something is unclear. Otherwise, I'd love to hear from you after you've done the iDeal payment, so I can get to work and request the credit for you! 

Thanks Marciano, 

I paid the January invoice for €65,16 this morning. I’m not able to log in to mijn.odido because the two-step verification sends codes to the Odido phone number which I don’t have access to anymore. Could you send an email with the link for the € 65,17 and I will do that immediately. 

I appreciate you helping with this and glad you were able to roll it back! I’ll let you know as soon as that final part is paid. 

Lorinda

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Lorinda, you're welcome! I can't send an e-mail with a new payment link, but you can do the payment manually:

• Name: Odido
  • Bank account: NL03 COBA 0733 9597 17
  • Amount: € 65,17
  • Description: Your customer code (1.19256774)

If you're not in a SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) country, you will need to use the BIC-code for the bank account, which is COBANL2. Please let me know once you've done this. Manual payments take a few days before they're processed, so I will keep an eye on it! 😄

Hi Marciano, I have made the above payment using the IBAN number via my Dutch bank so you should have received it already. Can you confirm? 

Thank you!

Lorinda

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Lorinda, I see the payment incoming, thank you for doing this! I just disconnected your subscription, requested a credit for the open amount and sent you an e-mail confirmation. Everything should be okay now! After 1 month, I will check your account again, because it might be possible that there will be a new invoice for the last month, but I will take care of that if needed. Please let me know if you received the confirmation mails! 😄

Hi Lorinda, I see the payment incoming, thank you for doing this! I just disconnected your subscription, requested a credit for the open amount and sent you an e-mail confirmation. Everything should be okay now! After 1 month, I will check your account again, because it might be possible that there will be a new invoice for the last month, but I will take care of that if needed. Please let me know if you received the confirmation mails! 😄

Good morning Marciano,

Thank you for your quick action! I have received the confirmation emails and I thank you for making that happen. You have been most helpful! Enjoy your day! 

Lorinda

Morning Marciano, 

I just received another invoice this morning for €50,16. Can you take care of that? I’d really appreciate your help again! Thanks! 

Lorinda

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Lorinda, you're very welcome and thank you for the confirmation! I've checked the system and I see that this invoice was already made up and ready on the 16th, but sent to you today, while I disconnected and waved the fees yesterday, so according to the system the invoice of € 50,16 is already taken care of, and the open amount is € 0,00. So, you can simply ignore it! 😄

Brilliant! Thanks again, Marciano. Have a great day. 

Lorinda

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

My pleasure, Lorinda and thank you. You too! 🙌🏻

Reageer