Beantwoord

Big invoice of 1590 Euro

• 27 December 2023
  • 8 reacties
  • 166 Bekeken

Hi Team,

after the Christmas Eve, I really got shocked seeing the invoice of 1590euros this month. I was charged for my outgoing calls to India from NL. But when I took this contract in November, I was told by klanten service and odido store people that unlimited calls to India is for free. In fact I double checked again with both customer service and store people about this. Can someone please help on this? It’s a very huge amount.

icon

Beste antwoord door Pharwin van Odido 27 December 2023, 11:37

Bekijk origineel

8 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +6

Hi Team,

after the Christmas Eve, I really got shocked seeing the invoice of 1590euros this month. I was charged for my outgoing calls to India from NL. But when I took this contract in November, I was told by klanten service and odido store people that unlimited calls to India is for free. In fact I double checked again with both customer service and store people about this. Can someone please help on this? It’s a very huge amount.

Hello @Lakshmi.patakamsetti

Of course, that's not so nice right after the holidays! I checked your invoice with you right away and indeed I see that you paid a considerable amount for calling abroad. In your account I see that you have 10 GB + Unlimited min/SMS. You can only use your current bundles in the EU and India is outside the EU, which is why you have now been charged extra for calling this country. You can also see this on our website: https://www.odido.nl/service/producten/mobiel/buitenland/tarieven-dekking/India. If you call to this country, you pay 1.50 euros/minute. 

Don't worry, you don't have to pay the amount at once. I do see that the invoice has been cashed. I advise you to return it via your internet banking. As soon as the invoice is open again in your account, you can request a payment plan via your My Odido account: https://www.odido.nl/my/facturen. 

If you need help with this, feel free to let me know! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin

Hi Team,

Hello @Lakshmi.patakamsetti

Of course, that's not so nice right after the holidays! I checked your invoice with you right away and indeed I see that you paid a considerable amount for calling abroad. In your account I see that you have 10 GB + Unlimited min/SMS. You can only use your current bundles in the EU and India is outside the EU, which is why you have now been charged extra for calling this country. You can also see this on our website: https://www.odido.nl/service/producten/mobiel/buitenland/tarieven-dekking/India. If you call to this country, you pay 1.50 euros/minute. 

Don't worry, you don't have to pay the amount at once. I do see that the invoice has been cashed. I advise you to return it via your internet banking. As soon as the invoice is open again in your account, you can request a payment plan via your My Odido account: https://www.odido.nl/my/facturen. 

If you need help with this, feel free to let me know! 

Kind regards, 
Pharwin

Hi Pharwin,

Thanks for your reply. 

But this is unexpected from your odido store and klanten service people about the false information shared to us. I am not really happy with this. I want this to be investigated with your team about my conversations with your klanten service over the last three months. They also clearly mentioned in the call that calling to India is free.  So is it my problem?. I also received for Jan month with 377euros. total its 2027euros. Can you please reduce some amount for a goodwill? 

Voeg zoveel mogelijk details toe waarmee het voor anderen eenvoudiger wordt om te reageren

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi,

Somehow the question and answer from customer care do not line up with the contract you closed. There is NO mobile subscription on the Duch market which include unlimited calling to India in the offer! It seems that you had some doubts as you approached several different channels of Odido. It is hard to understand that all of them made the same fault.  There must have been soke language problem. India as you pronounce it sounds like.... 

But even, the new subscription with 10GB data does not have any free minuts from the Netherlands to any other country…

If you had these doubts, it would have been better to look at written information like in your contract or the Odido webpage or after some calls, look in the Odido app if "out of bundle costs" were building up.

As the moderator mentioned, you can decline the payment and start a payment plan.

Hi, 

I clearly know that Dutch networks dont provide free calls to India. but i double checked with both klanten and store people. They clearly mentioned its free by the way, I had conversation in English too. I felt there is no communication chunk as well.. Also I was not able to login to the ODIDO APP till Dec mid and unable to add my subscription too to check my usage. I was blocked everywhere and my eyes were opened after I see the big invoice. My expectation was only one thing. Can i expect something from the invoice? Because I had almost 6 to 7 hours of conversation with klanten and store people. there was no use. Please help! Thanks in advance

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

7 hours of customer care contact? Well, here you got the help from a moderator Pharwin who adviced to decline the invoice and pay the amount in several months. I assume the other employees adviced you the same solution.

not continuously 7 hours. 4 hours with klanten service and 2 to 3 hours with store people. Why should I pay the amount n several month? when Odido people has conveyed me wrong information. This is not the appropiate solution. I am agreed to pay the amount but not full 2027 euros. as it was mistake from my end not checking the contract and mistake from Odido team sharing wrong information even after checking twice. can you please help me to resolve in this matter

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi Lakshmi, sorry to hear that you have such a high amount of extra costs. I can understand this came as a shock. I've looked into the cases, and I see that several colleagues have tried their best to help you with this. However, I also read that there is no compensation right for the made costs, because there is no such thing as calling to India (or another country) for free and unlimited. I'm afraid there has been miscommunication. Good to see that you have a payment plan now, and I'm happy to see that my colleague was able to give you a € 50 compensation out of goodwill. I've sent a request to dive deeper into your case. Please note that there's only a small change that I can do more for you than my colleagues could, but I will do my absolute best. As soon as I hear something, I will get back to you!

Hi Marciano, 

Thanks for your reply. and you gave me best reply that you will try something for a small change. Really appreciate it. I understand that calling to India is not free, so i double checked with the store people and your klanten service, but they mentioned its free, so I presumed your plan got changed and I purchased the phone. So now I am requesting there is something has to be done on this regards for false information passed to me. Please do the needful on this. Thank you so much in advance.  

Reageer