Calling Costs Abroad

• 2 October 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 1432 Bekeken

After checking the Odido website and my contract thoroughly, I made some calls to a bank while in Finland. While all the other calls I made while there were included in my contract as expected, I am now being charged over 200 euros for phone calls to one number. I had checked with who I was calling to ensure that it should be charged as a normal local call, and had checked the Odido website to see about the type of number and if I could find any rates. I could not find anything. The number I called has assured me that they are not charging me, and that the number I called is not one of their charge numbers. Speaking with Odido representatives has not been helpful, and they could not explain why I was not charged when calling this number from Estonia. This has been a very frustrating experience, and I still cannot find information on the Odido website about calling rates.

eric 7 maanden geleden

Hi @charyofwords ,

The thing is that the costs of calls while in a foreign country are specified by the operator you are using while abroad. They send these details to the home operator which deducts them from bundels, of when there isa surcharge number called, put them on the invoice.

Your post is a bit confusing.. You were in Estonia and called a bank in Finland? Or the other way around?

You made a few calls which cost 200 euro?  Can you give an exact durating of a call, what number did you call and what was the exact cost for that call?

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @charyofwords ,

The thing is that the costs of calls while in a foreign country are specified by the operator you are using while abroad. They send these details to the home operator which deducts them from bundels, of when there isa surcharge number called, put them on the invoice.

Your post is a bit confusing.. You were in Estonia and called a bank in Finland? Or the other way around?

You made a few calls which cost 200 euro?  Can you give an exact durating of a call, what number did you call and what was the exact cost for that call?

I made several calls to a bank in Finland at the number 0100 0500, which stated that is was a local fee number. I called this number several times while in Finland, for example a call lasting 9:34 cost 28.77. When I called the same number from Estonia for 5:07, there was no cost.

I saw on the Odidio website the warning about 0900 numbers, and was aware that the bank does have other lines that do carry a per minute charge, however even those charges are significantly lower than what I am now seeing in my account. Would have been fine paying .20 a minute as compared to the 3 euro this seems to be working out to.

I’ve found the local carrier rates for business numbers, and this prefix is not included, and the rates don’t line up with what I’m being charged.

https://www.traficom.fi/en/communications/broadband-and-telephone/business-number-tariffs

Reageer