Beantwoord

6 weeks and No Internet

Hello Sander

On 30th March 2020 I requested for new T-mobile thuis TV+ Internet connection, I am feeling it was my biggest mistake to change the the service provider. 

There is no information when  the service be enabled, there is no clarity to explain what is going wrong to provide the services. Its one simple statement - KPN has to do their job.

Why was this dependency  not added as clause when accepting the request for new connection. 

As a user I checked the availability of   Fiberglas by entering the post code and house number and it said its available. 

There is no transparency.

After long discussion and calling service desk for several times I am now told that on 13th May 2020 KPN will come and do the patch , I don’t understand what is patch.

In the first few days of this box being installed 2 green lights very active, now one them is disappeared:grinning: . This Box was installed on 14th April 2020, post that no information.

With the current ongoing crisis , am risking my self by working at office location- with special request  as there is no internet at home,luckily kids had 2 weeks holiday, but this week they are already unhappy as they are not able to consistently work with a mobile hotspot.

I have a limited mobile data from the other service provider.

At-least T-mobile should have offered an alternative until the services are enabled  , like a Hotspot  dongle, or unlimited data with a new SIM, or add a DSL line until the fiberglass is enabled. There is no proactive solutions either to keep the customers happy . 

I would like understand what are the other challenges upfront…. and not keep giving false hopes to myself and family. 

After 13th May, after KPN does it work , WHAT NEXT? I have not got the hardware yet ….

Its disastrous 

Thank you

SidVDH

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 9 May 2020, 13:47

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

14 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hell @SidVDH 

For the time now you can get a unlimited data voucher from a moderator or from the customer support. The voucher can be used on a T-mobile simcard using hot spot, its unlimited without a daily limit.

Sad to hear that your hardware has not been delivered yet, what does your status say in your T-mobile thuis account?

Patching means getting the connection ready I guess, in the wijkcentrale (local exchange).

Hello Waqqas

Below you see the status from my login. What will happen after the patch? is it simple and in your control to provide the service asap.

Firstly , I want to thank you for the temporary solution. However how to start using the unlimited data ? I don’t have a SIM from T-Mobile, will I get a free SIM and this unlimited data if I approach customer support?

Can I visit any of your nearest store and ask them for a free SIM ?  if so can you please communicate this to store at  Meent 15, 5501 JJ Veldhoven, this is nearest to me and looks like they are open. 

Also , if they can add that unlimited data? 

Thank you

SidVDH

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@SidVDH 

I am also a customer like you.

In such cases moderators or the customer support do provide a voucher which will be sent to you by sms and them simply activate the code.

Great that there is a T-mobile shop near you, if its open you could explain your situation and ask dor a free simcard. Im not sure if the shop could provide you with a voucher but moderators or the customer support certainly can.

After the patching is done its up to T-mobile to provide you with their hardware and then you should receive instructions to make an appointment for installation.

Oh I see T-mobile didn't provide a installation date yet, it should be soon i hope.

Because of the weekend there is no moderator active but Monday you should receive an answer.

Hello Waqqas

I visited the T-mobile shop, they have given me the free sim card, I would now it for the moderators to react to this situation and share me the details to use unlimited data until the service is enabled at my house.

I would like to conclude that T- Mobile should voluntarily set a deadline to active the service, if they  foresee any delay  , they should reach the customer and provide temporary solution.

Until I thought of posting the issue I would never come to know this unlimited data available for such customers.

Thank you  

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Moderators will be back on monday and then they will reply.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @SidVDH, I'm so sorry we haven't been able to patch your connection yet! This will however, happen on the 13th (coming Wednesday). Regarding the Unlimited Voucher: I'll send you a voucher code via PM. The only thing you have to do is activate the voucher by texting the code to 2244 with the T-Mobile prepaid sim card. Good luck with the voucher, if there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd be more than happy to help! ❤️

Hello Jason

Thank you for your response, I hope the patch will happen as per the schedule, should I be available during the patch work? or they do it outside the house?

When will I receive the hardware from T-mobile, what is the tentative timeline you see for my services to be enabled and ready for use.

I appreciate for the voucher, I will try to activate it and if I am having any issues activating, will revert back.

Happy Sunday evening!

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

You're very welcome @SidVDH! Unless KPN requests your presence during the patching, you may leave your home for the duration of the installation. This occurs in the main distribution center, so there shouldn't be a reason for them to give you a call beforehand. 

Normally we always send the equipment 4 to 7 days prior to installation. So once KPN has successfully performed the patching, you'll get an e-mail with a Track & Trace code.

Hello Jason

With lots of struggle and support , the installation dates are scheduled for 19th May.

Until then I need the Unlimited Voucher , the existing voucher is valid of 7 days(as per message from T- mobile) , Can you please provide me a new voucher or extend the existing voucher until 20th May.

Thank you

SidVDH

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @SidVDH, that's great to hear! It hasn't been the easiest start so far, but we're getting there luckily! 😊 I'll send you another voucher via PM. 

If there's anything else I can assist you with, please don't hesitate to ask. I'd be more than happy to help. Have an amazing weekend and stay safe! ❤🌞

Hello Jason

Thank you and your team again.

As I mentioned in beginning of this topic, its good that customer has alternate options from the day its delayed. If T-mobile thinks its good to make this as procedure to provide a voucher without a customer is asking, it will be a win-win for customer and then the company.

Thank you for voucher.

SidVDH

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

That's an awesome idea @SidVDH! We'll definitely look into this. You're welcome! Thanks for your patience and feedback. 

Keep us updated with regards to the KPN patching on Monday, please! 😁

Hello Jason

Sorry if my earlier communication was not clear. Patch is completed on 13/06.

Guidino will install the modem on 19th, Hardware is shipped from T-mobile.

Since the Guidino is coming on 19th and I need the voucher . 

I received your PM with voucher. I will activate it once the current voucher expires on Sunday.

I will keep you posted once the internet is up and running.

Thank You

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Aah of course, no not at all, my bad! Awesome to hear that the installation's the only thing that's left to be done. 

Thanks for keeping us posted. Have a great weekend! Talk soon! 😉👍