No power light on modem, no wifi, no internet

Hello,

I’ve been having problems with the modem (Huawei HG659) for the past few days (noticed on Friday 13-03-2020) where there is no wifi signal and no Wifi light, no Internet light, no Power light on the modem, no WAN light.

However, the modem is powered on, there is a light on the LAN ports where another device is connected.

I already tried to reset the modem, power off for 10 seconds, then 12 hours, tried to factory reset - but no success. I also did the same to the media converter - but that one seems to work fine (there are always three lights that are on).

I unplugged all the ethernet cables and reset the modem (power reset and factory reset) - nothing changed. After plugging in the WAN and LAN cables, only the LAN light was switched on. All other lights are off (that includes Wifi light, Internet Light, Power light, WAN light).

Pressing the Wifi button does not have any effect (short press or long press, 3s, 10s+).

Factory reset does not have any effect.

Has anyone else had this problem? How was it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Good afternoon @Vralex,

Do you have DSL or fiber? If fiber; could you try to turn the power of from the mediaconvertor? Which lights are shown on the mediaconvertor?

Good afternoon @TAVL 

I have a fiber connection. I removed power from the media convertor multiple times, even for 12+ hours. Also removed the fiber itself and the cat.6 cable that goes to the router, then plugged them back in.

Here’s a photo of the media convertor lights:

And also an image of the lights on the modem right now:

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

So there are no lights on the front just the light where you plug in your internet cable? Does anything work or not cabled connection or wifi?

Looks like a problem with the modem, the moderators can help you with this. They will reply within 24/48 hours.

Power LED is not on while modem is on, weird.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

And try another UTP cable. Just to be sure. 

@Waqqas it’s just a LAN light where another devices is plugged in. The WAN cable is also plugged in (the one that comes from the media converter), but there is no wan light on the modem.

And try another UTP cable. Just to be sure. 

Tried a cat.5 UTP cable (didn’t have any other cat.6 cable), no changes unfortunately…

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

That's a bummer. I think @Waqqas is right and most probably the router is the problem. You need to wait for a moderator as they can help you with a ticket. @Waqqas and I are just fellow customers with no access to such systems. 

Thank you for the assistance gentlemen, I appreciate you taking the time to help. Have a nice day, stay safe.

I’ll wait for a moderator and hope they can take it further.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Vralex, it looks like there is indeed a problem with the connection at your address. My colleague already sent out an order for a mechanic earlier today and we’ll get you online as soon as possible!

Hi @Vralex, it looks like there is indeed a problem with the connection at your address. My colleague already sent out an order for a mechanic earlier today and we’ll get you online as soon as possible!

@Brian many thanks for following up! I’ll wait for the mechanic as soon as they are available - I know they must be quite busy now. Take care!

Reageer