Beantwoord

Slow download internet speed Almere - 1Gb/s Fiber glass

• 4 February 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 345 Bekeken

Hi All

I noted since Saturday Feb 1st that the internet speed (down and up) decreased exponentially in Almere (speaking for myself though).

I have the 1GB/s Fiber glass and the cabled download speed is reaching 300mb/s tops while the upload speed is varying from 300mb/s to 800-900mb/s.

All the possible factory resets or unplugging/re-plugging the devices from the power supplies have been done as well.

My setup is Media converter > TP-link switch SG105E > TP-link AX6000 router.

while searching in the forum I've noted a few forumers that had the same issue in Eindhoven since Friday.

Is it possible that any network issue has happened?

Thanks folks 

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 4 February 2020, 15:49

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hey @RafaZM 

At the moment there is nothing mentioned on the community about a problem with internet. Have you tried removing the power from your media converter for ~10 seconds?

Hi @Waqqas 

thanks for your reply.

Yes, I've tried removing the media converter for 10 secs at least 3 times, as well as resetting the entire configuration from my switch and router.

I was assuming it was my equipment, but after lots of testing/resets, I haven't got any improvements and the situation is the same.

Reputatie 5

Hello,

What if you try using the original T-Mobile router and just the mediaconverter. Then we can test if it might be in your equipement.

Kind regards,

Hi @Pilovali 

Thanks for the tip.

In fact this was one of my ideas but I couldn't test it yesterday due some appointments. I'll do it today.

Anyhow and surprisingly, after posting online about the occurred, last night I could perceive a huge difference in the download speed and stability, thus I don't know if anything had happened and was fixed on the network itself.

In any case, I'll test with the t-mobile modem and share the findings later on.

Cheers

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @RafaZM,

Welcome to the Community! How did the test go with the modem? Hope it helped! :smile:

Hi @Jason 

I've tested the connection with the T-Mobile modem yesterday and all has gotten to the usual stability again.

Cabled speeds close enough of what I was receiving so far (700mb down and 950mb up) and the drop rate in wifi also decreased.

I believe that something has happened and was fixed / solved in the meanwhile and all is good.

Thanks all for the support.

Reageer