Beantwoord

thuis home router

Hello Guys,

I have a thuis (+TV) 50mb subscription with huawey router. I have noticed that lately quality of connection is really bad and the WiFi signal is not stable at all.b

I was thinking to buy a fritzbox, do you know if it is possible to use a router different than the one received?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 22 March 2020, 11:01

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hi @jimyfluyd 

Fritzbox can be used instead of the Huawei modem. Just select the T-mobile profile.

Do you have glasvezel or DSL, you could perform a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back for around 10 seconds using a small pin.

Hello @Waqqas thanks for the support. I have DSL, not fibre, I will.try as u suggested, by resetting it

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Also check your ISRA. Only red and blue should be connected, other wires and cables can cause problems and are you using the grey DSL cable that came with your modem?

What the ISRA is? Yes the grey cable I got in the installation pack indeed. I tried to attach a pic, hopefully it worked. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

The 2 INT ports are for internet and the 2 IPTV ports are for tv.

Yep this I Know, infact my concern with a fritzbox would be the IPTV port, but if I purchase a fritzbox with IPTV port, I guess it should be fine

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

What was the result of a factory reset? Did the connection improve? How is you tv box connected? Connect it direct to an IPTV port.

Same story unfortunately, WiFi connection often drops

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

What kind of a ISRA do you have? Is it the box that came in the installation box or a wall socket? Make sure only red and blue are connected, just two wires. All other wires cable connected can cause problems. And the other end of your ISRA is going to the KPN thing?

It s the standars one, wall socket

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @jimyfluyd, thanks for posting the pictures, that helps a lot! :smile: Like @Waqqas explained, a factory reset is usually the most reliable solution. Unfortunately that didn’t help either. Does your internet-connection (ethernet via cable) work properly and is it just Wifi that seems to be unstable? If so, I’ll gladly open up a ticket to our technicians and have them take a look at it. No worries, we’ll get there! In the meantime: stay safe and strong! 

Hello Jason,

I must say that you are right, via ethernet cable, interner is pretty much stable and I hardly had problem, but as you can imagine, I would not like too much to have cables All around the house.

Be strong and safe too and thanks very much for the support!

Reageer