I recently got Zyxel Wap 6807 amplifier/ extender from Tmobile to get better Wifi coverage in the bedroom, which is quite far away from the modem. (Zyxel T-50)
I have been able to configure the extender but the wifi light (bottom most) keeps blinking. The top two (power & connectivity) are green & stable.
- Video link here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/45dvbwLNmU2KWeZS7
- Photo (also attached here): https://photos.app.goo.gl/tDn3maXPMKzgARjn7
Also interestingly, the amplifier wifi always shows up once when i power ON the amplifier but after some time it gets off. I was able to connect & browse through that network only once.
So concretely, I think I am trying to answer below questions:
- Is the WiFi light expected to blink continuously? If not, how do I get it to fix?
- Will the amplifier broadcast wifi network under the same name as the Modem or will it create a new one (like xxx_EXT)? If new network, then why does it not show up?
- I have reset the amplifier more than couple times already. And the behaviour persists.
- Using amplifier/ extender to refer to the same outcome (get better wiif coverage in my bedroom). Not sure if they are technically different.
Beste antwoord door Marcel MCi
You can use the "MPro Mesh" app to configure and monitor the connection with the WAP. Login the app using the admin account mentioned on the wifi-card on the back of the modem. The wap gets the same name and password as the wifi of your Zyxel modem using the "mesh" technology.