Beantwoord

WI-FI not working

Hi, I have problems with my wifi. It stops working without any cause. LAN connection works fine.

My router is Draytek 2132 and I tried turning it off and on.

I have also logged in to the router and tryed to select other channel etc..

But it doesn’t solved the problem.

Everytime when wifi stops working, then I log in to router and I see that Wi-Fi connection is off. 

I’m turning it on and after that wifi works for a while until next time…

Any ideas?

icon

Beste antwoord door Jason van Odido 11 March 2020, 13:47

Bekijk origineel

16 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Lukaszm 

For how long does you wifi work? Have you tried to perform a factory reset on the Draytek by pressing the reset button on the back for around 10 seconds?

I have already tried a factory reset on router but without any positive result. The wifi is working for a couple of minutes, then it stops. Sometimes it is turning on and off for some time and then it's off until I change setting in router.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Do you only have problems with the wifi of the T-mobile modem or are you using repeaters? If you have repeaters you could try removing them.

I have problems only with wifi. Lan is working. I don't have any repeaters or other devices. Using wifi only on phones and tv.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Could be a problem in the modem I think, moderators will be back tomorrow and will look into this matter.

Moderators will reply within 24/48 hours.

Thx! I'll try contact them.

Is there moderator on forum?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Lukaszm, I’ve changed the preferred the WIfi-channel to automatic. This way you’ll always be on the preferred frequency (band steering). Could you check if it helps? Don’t worry, there’s plenty of options left. I’m sure we’ll find a solution! :wink:

Hi @Jason. Thx for joining. Your solution did not help, I have just lost connection for a minute and then it's back. Yesterday I also tried to change channel from automatic to ch11.

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Lukaszm, you’re welcome of course! Sorry the previous option didn’t help. Are you sure it was a factory reset you performed and not just a soft reset (unplugging and re-plugging the power cord)? Don’t worry, there’s always a soluiton!

By the way, do you by chance happen to have any of the following devices at home?

- Analog (security) cameras
- Baby monitor(s)
- Intercom (flat/apartment)
- (obsolete) Bluetooth equipment
- All other equipment in the 2.4 GHz band

I made a factory reset with a needle button on router. All settings and passwords were default after that.

I don't have any mentioned devices.

Wifi still not working. I think there is something wrong with the router.

Any other options?

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Thanks so much for elaborating! I’ve opened up a ticket to Guidion (our technical partner) and they’ll send you an appointment tool within the next 15 minutes. I’m absolutely positive the technician will do everything within his power to fix the issue! 

Two days passed but they didn't try to contact me. I still have no wifi or wifi is working only for couple of minutes. Is there any service in this tmob?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Lukaszm, with the current circumstances considering Corona our mechanics will now only visit in person when absolutely necessary. But do not worry, our mechanic will try to help you remotely and if that doesn't work we can swap out the modem. Our mechanic will contact you shortly!

Hi @Brian, I can understand this. I will wait for a contact with mechanic then. Thanks.

Reageer