Can not connect Fritz 5530 fiber XGS-PON to the Internet

• 6 September 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 458 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 2 reacties

Hello community and moderators,

Sorry I have to use English, my Dutch is not at the level to describe my situation.

After weeks of trying to replace ONT supplied by T-Mobile, I still can't connect to the Internet with my own ONT. I tried to register the SN of my ONT through customer service, but again that did not work and cause several days of Internet down time at home  🙃 I will not do it again.

It is very frustrating and therefore I need some advice about how to make my FritzBox 5530 connected to T-Mobile (now Odido) network. 

I have checked the following discussions in this forum,  Discussion1  , Discussion2  and  Discussion3 but still can't make it work.

So I would start with the setup, I have a KPN fiber connection point at home. 

T-Mobile provided the fiber optic cable with SC/APC - SC/APC connector on both ends (Green and Green connector). ONT device is Huawei HN8010Ts XGS-PON Terminal.

On my FritzBox 5530, I ordered it with XGS-PON SFP module. And following on AVM's suggestion I prepared a SC/APC - SC/UPC cable and connect UPC (Blue) connector to FritzBox, APC connector (green) to KPN fiber optic connection point . Inside FritzBox webpage settings, I tried both 'T-Mobile Thuis ' and 'Other ISP ' in Account Information and put VLAN ID to 300 when I use Other ISP settings. In FritzBox support page I also entered GPON SN from Huawei ’s, which is 48575443xxxxxx (HWTCxxxxxx) to this field.

Unfortunately with the above settings I still cannot connect to the Internet. Fiber Optic status constanly shows 'Training '.

Compare the properties of Fiber Module I noticed the wavelength sent and received is different on my side than others in the discussion, not sure if that plays a role here

Do you have a clue why I failed to connect the Fiber with my FritzBox? What else I should try to make it work? Looking forward to your suggestion.

Waqqas 7 maanden geleden

Hallo @Cavilla 

Is the internet working with the Huawei ONT and Zyxel?

You can also try huawei ONT to WAN port of your FB and choose Odido.

I remember to have seen somewhere that cloning the serial number with XGS-PON is not possible.

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hallo @Cavilla 

Is the internet working with the Huawei ONT and Zyxel?

You can also try huawei ONT to WAN port of your FB and choose Odido.

I remember to have seen somewhere that cloning the serial number with XGS-PON is not possible.

Hi @Cavilla 

As stated here: https://en.avm.de/service/knowledge-base/dok/FRITZ-Box-5530/3673_Setting-up-the-FRITZ-Box-for-use-with-a-fiber-optic-connection-from-T-Mobile-Thuis/

Important:Currently the FRITZ!Box cannot be used directly with a passive T-Mobile fiber optic connection with XGS-PON. However, with an XGS-PON network, you can set up the FRITZ!Box for "Internet connection via 'LAN 1'" and use it behind the fiber optic modem from T-Mobile.

I don't know why Odido (formerly T-Mobile) does not yet support this. But for now your best option is to use the 5530 in combination with the Huawei ONT.

@Waqqas  Yes the Internet is working with default Huawei ONT and Zyxel router. But I only focus on replacing Huawei ONT with FritzBox, so connecting Huawei ONT with FritzBox is not what I aim for.

@Harlequin404  Thanks for the information!  It is very sad that T-Mobile/Odido does not support this.

After all the time and money spent but still can not get rid of this Huawei device.

@Lisa  @Boris  @Jason van Odido Can you confirm this is true that FritzBox cannot be used as a passive fiber optic connection?   Is there any plan to make it happen?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Cavilla 

The Huawei ONT is just there to convert the fiber signal to internet. Use it with the FB until you get further information about directly connecting the fiber.

Reageer