Beantwoord

Fritzbox 5590 LAN 3&4

• 17 October 2023
  • 10 reacties
  • 173 Bekeken

• is een nieuwe Poster
  • 4 reacties

Recently switched to a 5590 from the Zytel provided by T-Mobile [as was]. Plugged straight in to the fibre connection: no problem there. However, LAN ports 3&4 provide no connection. The user interface registers a connection on the ports when a cable is plugged in, so it’s not completely broken. I contacted AVM, and was advised to check the following:

Often, in such cases, it is the Internet provider that is reserving one or two LAN ports (usually LAN 3 and LAN 4) for IPTV. So please ask your ISP directly whether this may be the case in your scenario.

Is anyone able to advise whether this is the case - or whether they have also has this issue with the 5590 or similar model?

One offered solution was:

If they are, and you do not require IPTV, then you could test the behaviour when selecting "Other Internet Service Provider" from the list on page "Internet > Account Information" and possibly re-entering your credentials, because logging in with a different provider may then release the reserved LAN ports. 

I briefly tried this, but AFAICT there are not credentials to supply, and selecting that option did not establish a connection.

Any ideas or advice appreciated!

icon

Beste antwoord door etiene 17 October 2023, 16:09

Bekijk origineel

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @etiene 

When you select other service provider, enter VLAN 300 with connection method DHCP and no credentials needed than all LAN ports will work.

LAN port 3 & 4 are indeed reserved for IPTV but now you can also connect the tv box to an internet port.

Hello @etiene 

When you select other service provider, enter VLAN 300 with connection method DHCP so no credentials needed than all LAN ports will work.

LAN port 3 & 4 are indeed reserved for IPTV but now you can also connect the tv box to an internet port.

Much appreciated, that sorted it. 

To be clear for anyone else: choose “other provider”, “no credentials required” and VLAN ID set as 300.

If your FritzBox 5590 is up to date shouldn’t it show T-Mobilethuis as provider, if it does choose any other provider > Apply and when it has been set, chose T-Mobilethuis and Apply.

AVM seems to have renewed the profile for T-Mobilethuis some time ago for the new situation.

If your FritzBox 5590 is up to date shouldn’t it show T-Mobilethuis as provider, if it does choose any other provider > Apply and when it has been set, chose T-Mobilethuis and Apply.

AVM seems to have renewed the profile for T-Mobilethuis some time ago for the new situation.

It definitely showed T-Mobile Thuis to start with, but you’re right that switching back to it now seems to have retained access to the 3 & 4 ports so all seems to be well.

Recently switched to a 5590 from the Zytel provided by T-Mobile [as was]. Plugged straight in to the fibre connection: no problem there. 

Can you explain this:  Plugged straight in to the fibre connection: no problem there. 

You are NOT using the modem and router of T-mobile (Odido) any longer?

Or are you only not using the Zytel router provided by T-Mobile any longer but still using the MODEM from T-mobile where you connect the 5590 to the modem provided by T-Mobile still?

Recently switched to a 5590 from the Zytel provided by T-Mobile [as was]. Plugged straight in to the fibre connection: no problem there. 

Can you explain this:  Plugged straight in to the fibre connection: no problem there. 

Or are you only not using the Zytel router provided by T-Mobile any longer but still using the MODEM from T-mobile where you connect the 5590 to the modem provided by T-Mobile still?

My provided setup was a media converter [can’t remember the manufacturer] taking the optical connection and giving an ethernet connection and the Zytel modem/hub which takes the ethernet connection from the media converter and provides WiFi/4 ethernet connections. The FritzBox 5590 has its own optical connection, so attaches straight to that and makes both the media converter and the Zytel modem redundant.

My provided setup was a media converter [can’t remember the manufacturer] taking the optical connection and giving an ethernet connection and the Zytel modem/hub which takes the ethernet connection from the media converter and provides WiFi/4 ethernet connections. The FritzBox 5590 has its own optical connection, so attaches straight to that and makes both the media converter and the Zytel modem redundant.

Do you have a XGS-PON connection?

I have a SPF XGS-PON module in the 5590 but in other posts it’s stated that you can’t plugin the fibre optic cable directly to the 5590 using the ONT = modem and router functions of only the 5590.

If I know you have a setup where the fibre optic cable goes directly onto the 5590 with an XGS-PON module it would be great as this is the setup I am looking for. ​​​​​

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @jordanvanbergen 

With AON and GPON it is possible to connect the Fiber in your FB 5590, with XGSPON it's not yet possible.

Hello @jordanvanbergen 

With AON and GPON it is possible to connect the Fiber in your FB 5590, with XGSPON it's not yet possible.

Please reply to this post as well: 

As your answer implies free modem choice is not possible for me on my zipcode/housenumber as a technician at Odido told me that if I migrate from Tweak (AON) to Odido (XGS-PON) I will get the XGS-PON connection. 

I would like to have you answering this other post where I ask 2 questions as well. 

Do you have a XGS-PON connection?

I have a SPF XGS-PON module in the 5590 but in other posts it’s stated that you can’t plugin the fibre optic cable directly to the 5590 using the ONT = modem and router functions of only the 5590.

If I know you have a setup where the fibre optic cable goes directly onto the 5590 with an XGS-PON module it would be great as this is the setup I am looking for. ​​​​​

I’m not sure, but I don’t think so. I have the Connected Technology Systems [CTS] media converter, which I think is AON.

Reageer