Beantwoord

Replace Zyxel EX5601 with ORBI Pro 6000 SXR80 router

• 12 February 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 67 Bekeken

Because Zyxel is giving me a heavy headache and I do not succeed in getting a stable connexion with my ORBI Pro 6000 SXR80 DHCP router I decided to return (temporarily) to my Ziggo one GB cable connection. 

Odido helpdesk is not willing to help me and they only refer to this community. My big question is how can I bypass the Zyxel router or let it only function as a modem. who can help mean solving this .. maybe somebody know of a good work instruction for the web interface of Netgear ORBI Wifi 6 Router  see screen dump below. 

I hope somebody can help me in bypassing the the Zyxel router. and does Odido engineer has to do anything on there side?

Best regards Len

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 12 February 2024, 21:57

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @len.iphone ,

Assuming you have  fiber connection, there no MODEM involved like with Ziggo. The Odido ONT translate the optical signal to an ethernet signal which you can fed into any router with VLAN tagging possibility. VLAN 300 is what you need to choose for the Odido internet connection. In this setup you can put the Zyxel in a box and have only one router as orchistrator in your home network.

Hi Eric,
Great that you react, and it's correct that I have fiber. 
What I tried is that I added a VLAN and configured the Port see below and then connected The UTP cable the the convertor but it had no workable result :-(

I don’t know if the port configuration was one, but maybe you can help me a bit further?

Best regards Len

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

For internet the only vlan you need is 300. The rest you can leave out . Use the search bar on this forum for your router type. I use the Zyxel t56.

But do you connect directly to the media rout or through the Zyxel? (I also have the Zyxel t56). I tried this instruction but could not find the Add VLAN rule

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

I have only the Zyxel, not any other router. So i can not help with specific settings. 

Reageer