Beantwoord

Zyxel T50 firewall settings

• 25 September 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 120 Bekeken

Hi

I wanted to add new firewall roles into my zyxel T-50 to be surprised that thsi option have disappeard , I only see General and Dos and not the other options where I can block specefic IPs , any idea what is going on?

icon

Beste antwoord door Sven-Odido 26 September 2023, 06:21

Bekijk origineel

5 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @samimasad 

Odido modem/routers have a custom firmware on which not all settings are available.

I want the settings back, what do i need to do ?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@samimasad 

That's not possible, if you wish to have a router with all settings available it's better to use your own router instead of the Zyxel.

Do you have a Fiber or DSL connection? You'll need a VLAN capable router.

I really do not get it , I had those settings before in the same modem , somehow someone decided to sitched them off and then I can not get them back ?

I have fiber and I do not think I need to go to VLAN , I just need to prevent some IoT devices to call thier mother ship,

for me if this option can not be activated back then I need to look for another ISP , I am not going to buy a router for this basic feature

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

I really do not get it , I had those settings before in the same modem , somehow someone decided to sitched them off and then I can not get them back ?

This option was removed cause it was not working properly in all senarios. It wont make it return any time soon if at all. As a alternative with parental control you can block devices to have access to the internet. 

I have fiber and I do not think I need to go to VLAN , I just need to prevent some IoT devices to call thier mother ship,

@Waqqas means that if you want to use your own router it wil need to support vlan’s on the WAN side. 

Reageer