Beantwoord

Add subscription and delivery of fiber

• 7 September 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 87 Bekeken

Hello,

Talked to CS several times (last time on 5/9) that the fiber signal would be activated on 5/9. Today is 7/9 and still no fiber signal.

1. When will the fiber signal be activated?
  2. When trying to link my home subscription to my account (since I moved address) it send the code to my email but once I enter it it just gives me “An error occured, please try again later”. Can this please be solved?

I’m not sure what has happened with T-Mobile/Odido but to focus on sales while delivery times can’t be promised is really bad Customer Service, especially when you force people to take out a new contract just because you relocate and we now have to pay even more for the same Internet package and continue to be a customer and been so for several years.

I hope an answer like “Please call X company on Y number” won’t come in because the subscription is with Odido, we are your customer and shouldn’t contact anyone else but you.

icon

Beste antwoord door Tommie van Odido 7 September 2023, 15:02

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Freddos, welcome to our Community!

Good that you are sounding the alarm for this. I immediately went to check for you and indeed I see the wish date is 05-09. However, no appointment with the technician has been scheduled yet. I have sent you the appointment link in a private message. Once the technician has been by, you should be up and running! 

Hi @Freddos, welcome to our Community!

Good that you are sounding the alarm for this. I immediately went to check for you and indeed I see the wish date is 05-09. However, no appointment with the technician has been scheduled yet. I have sent you the appointment link in a private message. Once the technician has been by, you should be up and running! 

Hi Tommie,

The issue is not that Guidion haven’t been here yet. I know how to connect everything together as I’ve done it twice before, once in 2019 when Guidion HAD to come and do it and they just messed everything, went from working to non-working and second time was during covid and the call with Guidion took less than a minute as it was already working.

However, I already completed the appointment through the same link you sent in a private message. I did go through the link again and once more it couldn’t find a suitable time so I picked 3 half days as the first time and it was confirmed through same message today “Thank you for reporting your availability. Depending on your choice, we will schedule the appointment and send confirmation by email or contact you by telephone. You can now close this window.”

And to be honest, to say that by the time Guidion has been here it should be up and running is a way of buying time against me as a customer. If everything were working as it shall work I would already have everything activated resulting in a working connection if the hardware were installed properly which isn’t the case.

Guidion could in theory come by today, connect everything as it needs to and it would still not work as Odidos promise to have the fiber signal activated by 5-9 have not been fulfilled.

Can you confirm that the fiber signal has been activated though?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @Freddos, I understand your sentiment, however, Guidion must come by to test the connection and give the signal to activate the line. If Guidion has not visited, the connection will remain non-active. 

Hey @Freddos, I understand your sentiment, however, Guidion must come by to test the connection and give the signal to activate the line. If Guidion has not visited, the connection will remain non-active. 

Hi Tommie,

During the weekend I received three emails that Guidion will come tomorrow 13-09.

If I’m understanding your last reply correctly you basically saying that Guidion needs to come to check the connection and basically give the thumb up in order to activate the line.

Based on this you basically entered a catch-22 loop. If the line is not activated they cannot check the connection and therefore not give the thumb up? ^

This also deviate from the previous two times I’ve went into a new contract where Guidion had to come and check. In both cases the line was already activated and connection went through as I had connected it myself and had Internet prior Guidion checked.

It also contradict everyone else's experience on this forum where people are saying that Guidion came, the line was not activated and therefore they could not make sure everything was connected and worked properly and just left.
OR that they already had a connection prior Guidion came and everything was fine, Guidion just confirmed it and did nothing.

In my opinion, your logic doesn’t make any sense.

Yesterday I came home from from being away since Friday morning and yet, no fiber signal coming through.

Blue end of the fiber cable goes into the incoming blue fiber connection in the house. Green end of the fiber cable goes into the Huawei media converter green input. Lan cable from Huawei media converter into the routers WAN input.

Anything incorrect here?

Can you confirm that KPN Network have given Odido go signal to use the line?

Can you confirm that Odido have activated the line?

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hey @Freddos, we completely understand your sentiment. Let me explain the process:

We rent the line from KPN NetwerkNL, once the order comes through with us, we send a signal to KPN NetwerkNL to activate the line for your address. As soon as the line is active at your address, some administrative work needs to be done. This has to be done by Guidion's technician. So there is already a signal on the line, but it will only work once Guidion has corrected the administration in our system. So tomorrow, after your appointment with Guidion, you should be up and running!

Hey @Freddos, we completely understand your sentiment. Let me explain the process:

We rent the line from KPN NetwerkNL, once the order comes through with us, we send a signal to KPN NetwerkNL to activate the line for your address. As soon as the line is active at your address, some administrative work needs to be done. This has to be done by Guidion's technician. So there is already a signal on the line, but it will only work once Guidion has corrected the administration in our system. So tomorrow, after your appointment with Guidion, you should be up and running!

If this true, how come that in my previous experience among other people experiences on this forum have had their connection up and running and access to the Internet before the appointment with Guidion or the other way around, still no access to the Internet?

If everything is not up and running by the time Guidion will leave my house tomorrow Odido will have one customer less and that is a promise.

Reageer