Damaged Fiber Optic Connection - No Solution. Very Frustrating.

• 28 March 2024
  • 11 reacties
  • 88 Bekeken

Hallo I live in Maastricht and from 25-Mar-2024 my internet connection is not working. Person from Guidon visited us on 28-Mar-2024 after lot of follow ups and told me that the fiber optic from KPN is the issue. He has not provided a solution and now we do not know when we will get the solution. 

I noticed similar issue with others too on this thread - https://community.odido.nl/van-bestelling-tot-installatie-496

I have already spent 30 Euros of my own to buy 2 ODIDO sim cards to use free 4G internet as hotspot to continue working. 10 euros for 2 sim’s and I had to 10 buy 10 Euro worth data on my personal SIM when the problem occurred.

Is ODIDO liable to pay me the money back for no fault of mine. I have no date for a solution and my work is very much affected. The mobile hotspot does not work for everyone in my home. 

Is there any help available for me to get a solution ? is ODIDO always have such a poor service ? Wondering if switching to another provider is the only solution.

Tommie van Odido 27 dagen geleden

Hi @Ameya Beri, welcome to our Community!
Good of you to raise the alarm about this. I immediately went to check for you and see that Guidion had not yet entered a ticket for us. I did this for you, hopefully we can resolve this for you soon. Would you keep me updated on the process? Then I can keep an eye out for you. Thanks in advance. 

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ameya Beri 

The subscription has not started, so you do not have to pay anything to Odido until the router comes online. 

Odido rent a fiber from a grid operator which can be different from place to place. They are the owner of the fysical glasfiber and as soon as the fiber is OK, the router will become online.

I do not understand I have an active subscriptions for many years with you and everything worked before 25 Mar 2024.

The subscription is in my wife's name I entered Klaantnummer from monthly invoice in my profile.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Ah, ok sorry. if you have an active subscription and the service is down, there will be a credit given to you for the period of the downtime. That credit will be calculated once the connection is working again.

Now Guidion has measured that the fysical line is not working, the backoffice of Odido will send a ticket to the grid operator, in your case KPN, to start an investigation from their side.  

Hi @eric - Can you trace this with KPN and provide me a date for getting solution ? SIR202403285214. The Guidon person gave me this number to trace with you. I have already spent 30 Euros from my own money, I need that refunded too.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ameya Beri ,

I am just another customer on this community forum. There are also moderators who read in the topics. But the cases will be handled at a backoffice. They will contact the grid operator when they received the report of the Guidion engineer.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @Ameya Beri, welcome to our Community!
Good of you to raise the alarm about this. I immediately went to check for you and see that Guidion had not yet entered a ticket for us. I did this for you, hopefully we can resolve this for you soon. Would you keep me updated on the process? Then I can keep an eye out for you. Thanks in advance. 

Hello - They made an appointment for KPN to visit us on 02-Apr-2024 to check the fiber optic cable, hope the issue is solved soon. Till then I am using workaround of mobile data its highly frustrating, but thanks.

Reputatie 5
Badge +4

Hi @Ameya Beri, I hope that this will be solved soon as well! Will you keep us updated after the technician has visited you tomorrow? 

Hello the problem was solved by technician but my connection is not stable. Also they told me root cause was someone changed my cable, which I do not understand. Will I get my 30 Euros back for the money I spent on workarounds to get ODIDO sim cards. I have sent to your helpdesk with receipts. Please help if the connection can be made stable.

Hello can you help me?

Reputatie 5
Badge +3

Hi @Ameya Beri, good that you pointed this out! I immediately reported this back to the technical department. In addition, I immediately reimbursed the costs for the SIM cards. We can only reimburse costs from Odido and not from other providers. You will receive a confirmation by email and it will be applied to your next invoice. When the issue is really resolved, we can also create compensation for your services at Odido. Have a nice weekend! Greetings, Ishana

Reageer