Fibre installation complete but fibre line not active yet

• 27 October 2023
  • 6 reacties
  • 113 Bekeken

Hello, I ordered my Fibre on the 5th of October, the earliest an installer could come by was last night(26th of October). The installer installed everything except that the Fibre light is off. He said I should just contact Odido to get it activated. He made it sound quite trivial and that it would be done easily. I also assumed any work on Odido side would’ve been done between the 5th and 26th, since you should know that is when the installer will be coming by so that my connection could be ready. 

Could this be done relatively quickly?

I have turned this box as well as the modem off a couple of times already, but not helping with the Fibre light. 

My order status still shows as “Onderweg en installeren” not sure whether that could also be causing this, or at least not helping. 

Thank you in advance. 

Tommie van Odido 6 maanden geleden

Hi @bvdwalt, welcome to our Community and to Odido!
I immediately went to check for you and the technician indicates that there is no light on the fibre optic line. The district exchange could not be reached by the technician. He has therefore created a ticket for our techs, they will pick it up further. I think the subcontractor needs to be directed to install the patch for this. They will contact you soon! 

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @bvdwalt, welcome to our Community and to Odido!
I immediately went to check for you and the technician indicates that there is no light on the fibre optic line. The district exchange could not be reached by the technician. He has therefore created a ticket for our techs, they will pick it up further. I think the subcontractor needs to be directed to install the patch for this. They will contact you soon! 

Hi Tommie, thank you so much, that is the most information I have received from anyone at Odido. 

The technician who installed my Fibre did not mention anything about someone else having to come out, sounded like Odido just needed to activate my line. 

Is there a normal timeframe for this? Bearing in mind that I have been waiting since the 5th of October for fibre already. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @bvdwalt, if we pass it on to the subcontractor, they have to pick it up within three days. We ourselves apply a processing time of five working days. Fortunately, we are usually faster than those five days. Hope it gets resolved for you soon and you can finally enjoy the super-fast fibre! 

Hi @bvdwalt, if we pass it on to the subcontractor, they have to pick it up within three days. We ourselves apply a processing time of five working days. Fortunately, we are usually faster than those five days. Hope it gets resolved for you soon and you can finally enjoy the super-fast fibre! 

Awesome Tommie, thank you. Would you please pass it on to them so they can hopefully sort it out soon if not done already? 

Thank you for your assistance, have a great afternoon further. 

I have not heard anything from Odido or from any subcontractor. The weekend has passed as well as two business days. 

@Tommie van Odido 

Hello, I just called Odido Customer service and was told to wait longer for my Fibre to be ready. Apparently Friday doesn't count as a work day eventhough I called as you opened. How much longer must I wait? The 5 business days? 

I would also like to know why this could not have been checked while we were waiting for the first avaliable installation date. 

I could've installed the router myself much earlier, but I didn't know that that was an option. That way I wouldn't have waited until the 26th for someone to come and install it. 

I have not heard a single thing as to what is wrong, surely something has to be wrong if you haven't been able to activate my Fibre line this entire time.

It feels a bit rediculous that in this day and age and where the fibre termination box was already in my house, things surely can't be this hard or take this long just to get my Fibre connection active?

Reageer