Beantwoord

Glasvezel speed unreliable

• 26 October 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 281 Bekeken

• heeft eerste post geplaatst
  • 1 reactie

Hello everyone,

Apologies, I can’t write Dutch yet, so I hope English is ok, too. Few months ago we moved into a nieuwbouw (built late 2018) house, it supports glasvezel, everything looks fine on that end.

We went for glasvezel 100 Mbps by T-Mobile, but most of the time the speed is more around the 10 to 30 Mbps range. I keep resetting the modem, and sometimes the speed calibrates back to 80+ Mbps. I am frustrated at this point, there are some streaming services (Netflix is okayish, but Shadow isn’t at all) that I cannot enjoy reliably because of the speed but then even when I have 80+ Mbps I feel there is quite some latency. My expectation is that I shouldn’t have these problems with glasvezel 100 Mbps. There is little time I can spend on these activities and I’d rather not have to go and reset the modem every time because I have to climb 2 sets of stairs for each reset attempt. Reaching the klantenservice is not easy at all and I cannot find an email address I can use. I have tried different cables, different LAN slots, different devices, but the situation does not change. There is no storing announced. I appreciate any help or guidance.

icon

Beste antwoord door Folkert 26 October 2019, 18:09

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Thank you Folkert, I already made a decision to upgrade my internet connection and have it properly installed by experts. I do not want to waste your time any further. Thank you for all your support within the community. This thread can be closed.

Reputatie 7
Badge +3

Hello @emka86 

Welcome at the community.

What speed and latency do you obtain when connecting a pc directly to the modem with a LAN cable? Please test with the Windows 10 Speedtest app if possible.

How long and what quality is the cable between Media Converter and Modem?

Kind regards, Folkert

Reageer