Beantwoord

Have been waiting for set up for weeks, but no word on when we'll get internet

• 22 August 2022
  • 10 reacties
  • 134 Bekeken

• is een Top Poster
  • 5 reacties

Hi, trying this route as the Klantenservice appears to be Dutch only. We’re new to the Netherlands and I signed up for tv and internet in early August. Since then, I’ve only been told that I will be given a set up date as and when the glasvezel network will be available, but no information as to how long that may take. When I went to the T-Mobile shop to enquire in person, I was told that I should receive a DSL connection within 2 weeks, as an interim measure. However, more than two weeks have passed and I still haven’t had any word from T-Mobile as to the status of my order. I work from home and have been burning through mobile data, which is obviously not a sustainable situation. Any advice on how I can expedite this internet set up would be much appreciated!

icon

Beste antwoord door eric 22 August 2022, 12:48

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

10 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @uls22 

When you enter your postcode in the postcodecheck on the website does it say Fiber available or DSL available? And what is the status according to your T-Mobile thuis account?

The fiber deal was offered to me after I had put in my address, so I assumed it was available. I now assume that’s not the case. But the DSL alternative that the shop assistant said would be provided in lieu has also not materialised.

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

An interim DSL connection while waiting for fiber is not a standard option. Once they can offer Fiber, the DSL is out of the delivery proces.

What Waqqas mend is, what is the outcome of possibilities / offers you get when you fill in this zip code checker: https://www.t-mobile.nl/thuis/internet/glasvezel/check#se2

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@uls22

Have you allready made a T-Mobile thuis account? If yes can you tell what it says after you log in?

You should have received an email to make an account or you can choose for ik heb nog geen account on the login page.

An interim DSL connection while waiting for fiber is not a standard option. Once they can offer Fiber, the DSL is out of the delivery proces.

What Waqqas mend is, what is the outcome of possibilities / offers you get when you fill in this zip code checker: https://www.t-mobile.nl/thuis/internet/glasvezel/check#se2

Thanks for the link. It says fibre is available at my address.

@uls22

Have you allready made a T-Mobile thuis account? If yes can you tell what it says after you log in?

You should have received an email to make an account or you can choose for ik heb nog geen account on the login page.

Yes, I set up my account. Interestingly, even though the above link provided by eric produced a positive answer, in my account it actually says the following (as per google translate): 

There is no fiber optic connection point in your street or in your home, so there must be one. The network administrator will first contact you for an appointment to install this. This is not done by T-Mobile. When your street and your home are completely ready, our installation partner Guidion will contact you for the installation appointment. They ensure that your package is connected and only leave when everything works. This concerns two appointments with two different technicians. The Installation Package will be delivered no later than two weeks before the installation date. You will receive an email about the delivery.

@uls22

Yes, I set up my account. Interestingly, even though the above link provided by eric produced a positive answer, in my account it actually says the following (as per google translate): 

There is no fiber optic connection point in your street or in your home, so there must be one. The network administrator will first contact you for an appointment to install this. This is not done by T-Mobile. When your street and your home are completely ready, our installation partner Guidion will contact you for the installation appointment. They ensure that your package is connected and only leave when everything works. This concerns two appointments with two different technicians. The Installation Package will be delivered no later than two weeks before the installation date. You will receive an email about the delivery.

I assume that means that the street may have fibre but it still needs to be installed in my house. No info given, though as the possible timeframe we’re looking at.

@uls22

I assume that means that the street may have fibre but it still needs to be installed in my house. No info given, though as to the possible timeframe we’re looking at.

Reputatie 7

Hi @uls22, first of all: welcome to the T-Mobile voor thuis Community! 😊 

I love to provide you with an update, so you have some clarity. I'm sorry that you didn't receive any update so far and had to chase this yourself. So from now on, feel free to ask all your questions in this topic so we can help you further over here. I want to let you know that I asked one of my colleagues to tell me the status of your order. As soon as I receive an update, I'll let you know. I want to make sure that everything is clear for you after this update. 

Reputatie 7

Hi @uls22, I love to provide you with the following update! The contractor has to schedule an appointment with you. They will approach you for this. Because the order was made on 09-08-2022, the contractor still has some time to do this. So you don't have to worry and you will hear from then as soon as possible. For now I wish you a lovely weekend.