Beantwoord

internet installaion issues- not working

• 10 October 2020
  • 24 reacties
  • 278 Bekeken

Hi, I have been trying to install the new modem since yesterday. However, even after trying all trial and error, Internet and DSL lights are not turning on.

I have tried to follow the instructions provided in guide. Basis that I have connected the 4 pin plug to wall socket as above.

i was using the same socket previously for the internet connection and it was working fine. So do not think it is a wiring issue. Request you to kindly help me or send a technician for help.

icon

Beste antwoord door Brian 12 October 2020, 17:04

Bekijk origineel

24 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Vishnu Prasad 

Can you unscrew the socket on photo 2 and make a picture of the wiring?

Please find below the wiring pics

please let me know if this is sufficient

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad

I don't think it is wired correctly can you take the socket out and show all wires?

Also can you try first to just remove the red wires right above and right under?

I will try to open and share a pic but it seems difficult due to my limited tool access. 

just wanted to point out that this socket was perfectly working till yesterday morning with TEL E2 modem. So I am not sure if there could be  any wiring issue.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad 

Just try to take out the red wire for now right above and right under.

Let us know if it works or not.

When you say take out, you mean disconnect it and keep it hanging?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad 

Yeah disconnect it above and under, it should be 1 wire from above to under. You can remove it if 1 wire.

Reputatie 4

Dit heb toch niks met 4G voor thuis te maken? verkeerde topic toch?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Geplaatst in verkeerde sub forum...

Indeed it was a single wire. Now they are not connected.  I removed it as below

Can you tell me the next step

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad 

You can take the red wire out, no need to leave it there, but is your modem now working or not?

No. Still not working. The status did not change even now. Both internet and DSL lights are still off. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad 

There are 2 possible combinations, sometimes the signal is on the other combination of 2 wires but for that you'll need to remove the socket so all wires are visible..

I will try one again to open the socket.

Can you send a technician who would have expertise in this??

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad

I'm a customer like you who was trying to help 🙂

It's weekend so you may get a reply from a moderator a bit later but they can arrange a technician for you.

You have now 2 black wires connected which were working according to you.

Looking at the wires closely the combinations should be black & transparent and white & transparent.

Both combinations are twisted.

Ok. Thanks a lot. Hope moderator replies soon

@Waqqas Does this help?

Are these the white and transparent wires you are referring to?

And you suggest to disconnect one of the black wire and use transparent instead?

but which black connection out of 2?the one where red wire was connected or the sole one which was alone.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Vishnu Prasad 

It's all mixed up and since there are more white and black wires it's difficult to tell.

@Waqqas thanks. Hope will have to wait for the moderator to help me

Reputatie 7

Hi @Vishnu Prasad I’ve checked your connection and it should have been active since last friday but something seems to have gone wrong on the network end and the connection hasn’t been activated. We are currently waiting on word from the grid operator that the connection is active. Apologies for the delay!

Can you please give me a tentative date when it will be fine? I am without internet since last 4 days and it is very difficult in this time

@Brian can I have some update on the issue. Almost 6 days since issue started

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @Vishnu Prasad, sorry to have kept you waiting a tad longer! I see my colleague has helped you schedule an appointment this afternoon. Hope all goes well, if there's anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck and stay safe!

Reageer