MoCA Compatibility

• 25 July 2023
  • 4 reacties
  • 49 Bekeken

Morning community,

Hope you can clarify something for me as I have seen conflicting messages on this forum.

I recently moved into a new apartment and it seems the previous owners were using Ziggo, as the apartment only has a Coax output and no ISRA POINT (checked everywhere twice). Unfortunately so far I was not able to get a technician on-site to see if we can install a ISRA point and as my partner and I regularly need to work from home, getting the WiFi going is of high importance.

The T-Mobile modem is obviously not directly compatible with Coax but what about using a MoCA in between to convert the coax to Ethernet. How about the compatibility then? Would that work with the T-Mobile modem as an interim solution until the ISRA point is installed.

Thanks for your help and looking forward to your response.

Marc 

Waqqas 9 maanden geleden

Hello @M.Danielski 

Is there nothing like these in your house?

The setup you mentioned won't work because the signal will come from the ISRA punt, and DSL has a rj11 port not rj45.

Can you also not find a telephone cable in the fusebox for example?

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Not 100% sure if thats technically possible, i dont think so. But im pretty sure no one is going to set this up/support it. If you get a ziggo router/set up you might be lucky previous ziggo internet is still working. 

If your internet is important to you i recommend you to look into other providers. Couple weeks downtime in case of any malfunction seems to be normal. If you want cheap internet for some fb and youtube and you can handle downtime this long, and use your cellular hotspot,  it’s allright. 

You can also experience installation times from weeks to couple months

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @M.Danielski 

The setup you mentioned won't work because the signal will come from the ISRA punt, and DSL has a rj11 port not rj45.

Hello @M.Danielski 

Unfortunately I was not able to find any of the above in my apartment. The previous owner was using Ziggo via the Coax port and therefore could also not provide me with extra information.

I can upload a picture of my fuse box later, but could not identify a telephone cable (my real estate agent also had a look and was not able to find it).

Thanks @nointernet for the suggestion, but using mobile phone as a hotspot is obviously not a long-term solution and also tied to my cellular data package. With the move, I switched from Tele2 over to T-Mobile and entered a new agreement, so switching over to Ziggo is also not an option for now.

Any other recommendation what I could try to speed up the process?

Thanks
Marc ​​​​​​​

Hello @M.Danielski 

Unfortunately I was not able to find any of the above in my apartment. The previous owner was using Ziggo via the Coax port and therefore could also not provide me with extra information.

I can upload a picture of my fuse box later, but could not identify a telephone cable (my real estate agent also had a look and was not able to find it).

Thanks @nointernet for the suggestion, but using mobile phone as a hotspot is obviously not a long-term solution and also tied to my cellular data package. With the move, I switched from Tele2 over to T-Mobile and entered a new agreement, so switching over to Ziggo is also not an option for now.

Any other recommendation what I could try to speed up the process?

Thanks
Marc 

I meant that in downtime you get a tele2-t-mobile unlimited internetvoucher for your cellphone. If you signed a new contract you are able to cancel it up to two weeks after installation iirc. 

I think you also should have some kind of phone line if you have an older house. I think that used to be required by law. 

Reageer