Beantwoord

no internet after installation switching provider

• 23 July 2023
  • 2 reacties
  • 105 Bekeken

Hello ans thank you in advance For your help.

I switched internet provider from Lombokxnet to T-Mobile.

Therefore, I changed the modem this morning but it seems I’m facing issues.

What I did:

1. Plug the modem to electricity. Start the modem. 
    i have indeed greens lights on

1. I connected my iPhone and iPad to the network. Login and password are correct. Unfortunately, I got the message “no internet connection”

I must have done something wrong or bad. My guess is that I did not setup the DSL cable? 

it seems that it is different from my previous internet provider where I just had to connect the cable.

But T-Mobile is asking me something different right? 

I can see this cable coming from the ground, is that one in need to plug for DSL ? Grey with colored wires.

last but not least, I don’t have DSL cable as mentioned in the documentation. Should it be included in the modem box or should I buy it myself?

Thank you for your infinite and grateful help.

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 23 July 2023, 20:25

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Mathieunl 

You need to connect the DSL cable to the DSL port on.the modem.

The cable with different wires on the last photo is the cable you need, what you can do is use the white installation box with only red and blue in it, the box should be in the installation package you received.

Strip the red and blue wires from the cable on the last photo and connect them in the white installation box, the signal could also be on the orange and white wires.

You can use the green cable with the PHONE label, plug it in the installation box and the other end in the DSL port of the modem.

Your connection should be active on the installation date before 18:00.

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mathieunl, great that you could post pictures of your installation! I took a look at your connection and I am happy to see that @Waqqas’ tips have helped you out as you are now fully connected to the internet. Please feel free to share any other questions you might have.

For now, I wish you a lot of fun with the internet! 😃

Reageer