Beantwoord

No Internet Signal After modem installation by a technician

• 4 November 2021
  • 9 reacties
  • 135 Bekeken

T-Mobile had promised that I will have internet on a certain date. The technician came home at 9:00 AM he was very accurate and nice person, he setup everything really quick for 10-15 mins, however because of an error of these clever ‘KPN’ guys, I don’t have an internet signal through the router. 

I called many times T-Mobile, and still do not have answer from T-Mobile with how to proceed. They just said that they are gonna talk with KPN. Hope they will pay me the money I lose per day for every delayed day without internet.

Anyone with similar experience?

icon

Beste antwoord door Lisa 5 November 2021, 16:40

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Veselin 

Which mediaconverter do you have, is it the white Huawei ONT or another one?

Which lights are on, blinking or off on your mediaconverter?

Since you don't have a working connection, your contract has not started.

Hi @Waqqas ,
Thanks for the swift reply.

No, it’s not Huawei, it’s ZYXEL. 

All lights 5 out of 6 are blinking green except 1. (Just above the label “FO Link”)

The technician said that’s the reason I have WiFi connection and when he connected he got: No Internet Connection.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Veselin 

Did the technician also check the switches on the black mediaconverter?

There are 6 switches, 3 & 4 should be on. You can also try turning 1 & 6 on after you have removed the power from the mediaconverter.

I’ve just tried it. It doesn’t work.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Veselin 

I mean remove the power, make sure only 3 and 4 are on and others off, if it doesn't work then remove the power, turn 3 and 4 off and 1 and 6 on, if it still doesn't work you can turn the default settings back on and wait for a moderator to reply.

Nope, that didn’t work either. 

Hopefully in 1-2 years of time T-mobile and KPN will remember that they have to do something, and meantime will sent them an invoice with my hourly rate for the working skipped hours.

Anyhow, thanks a lot mate for the help, appreciated! We did what had to be done. Seems the problem is somewhere else.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Veselin, welcome to the T-Mobile Thuis Community! Great that you are pointing this out and what a pitty that you're not online yet. Very nice to see how @Waqqas tried to help you further! I immediately checked your profile to see what I can do for you. I see that one of my colleagues submitted a request for you for our technical department yesterday. Please be aware that it may take a few days for this to be completed by the technical department. They will do everything they can to get you online as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If it was possible to speed things up for you, I would do that right away.

Because I can totally understand that you need internet as soon as possible, I would love to provide you with an unlimited data voucher. However I see that you don't have a T-Mobile Mobile subscription. Is there maybe anyone in your household that as a T-Mobile or Tele2 Mobile subscription so I can arrange this for you? 

Fingers crossed that you will be online very soon. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them! ❤

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for your reply. T-Mobile told that KPN must reply in 48H however no response yet till Wednesday at 10AM!

How is it possible that there is no direct connection between T-Mobile and KPN?

I don’t understand how complex is it for them to do something so simple “internet connection” in the right way in 21Century! Bless god they don’t build the airplanes or houses because than the whole society will be in danger.

Btw thanks for your kind offer, however I’m not having anyone using T Mobile or Tele2 subscription, and looking at the quality I’m also not having such intention in the near future.

I understand now why everyone was telling me to go with ZIGGO and have internet in 24H instead of KPN -  getting internet an year later after request.

More over there is also zero clearly on how long do I have to wait for internet? If I don’t have internet on the coming Monday, I want to cancel the subscription get refund of 3 days multiplied by my working daily rate and switch to ZIGGO.

Thanks!

Reputatie 7
Badge +4

Hello @Veselin if the technician is unable tot complete there action he informs the backoffice about it. Usualy the grid operator wil contact you tot make An appointment. Usualy it takes 3-5 working days tot compleet it. Exept for resently completed buildings. Your contract isn't started yet so no refund is possible.