Overstap van Tweak naar Odido - Fritzbox blijven gebruiken.

• 9 May 2024
  • 9 reacties
  • 106 Bekeken

Engels is mijn moedertaal en vandaar dat ik zo verder gaan in het Engels, Ik kan prima Nederlands lezen dus jullie kunnen zeker in het Nederlands antwoorden 🙂,   Alvast bedankt voor jullie moeite :) 

I have read numerous o5ther oposts on here but have not been able to find an answer to my question, hence my own post. 

On Monday I was informed that I was being transferred from Tweak to Odido.  I have previously asked Tweak about the current modem (Fritzbox 5530 Fiber)  and was assured that I could continue to use it.  Now I have recieved an installation package from Odido with a Huwawei box and a Zyxel box.  

I do not want to use either of these as I want to continue to use my Fritz router which it connected to the fiber box (isra point?)  directly with a 50cm fiber cable.  

Do I have to use the Odido equipment?    I have an Internet only 1gbp abbonement. 

Waqqas 11 dagen geleden

Hello @Capetonian 

Have you received a white Huawei ONT and do you know if it is GPON or XGSPON?

The technician will first install the ONT and Zyxel but afterwards you can connect the Fritzbox to the FiTU using the right patchcable and SFP. In the Fritzbox you can choose for Odido as your ISP or you can choose manual, connect to external modem, VLAN 300.

Depending on if you have GPON or XGSPON we can tell you how to register the Fritzbox with Odido.

Bekijk origineel

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Capetonian 

The technician will first install the ONT and Zyxel but afterwards you can connect the Fritzbox to the FiTU using the right patchcable and SFP. In the Fritzbox you can choose for Odido as your ISP or you can choose manual, connect to external modem, VLAN 300.

Depending on if you have GPON or XGSPON we can tell you how to register the Fritzbox with Odido.

Thanks for your answer.   The Huawei ONT is an Optistar HN8010Ts-20 and it is an XGS-PON version.  

Hello @Capetonian 

Just a quick question, why would I need the ONT?   I already have the fiber connection and the 5530  is patched directly with fiber. I would like to totally eliminate the ONT and the Zyxel if possible. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

@Capetonian

Than a moderator can help you with registering the modem ID, keep in mind that once your Fritzbox is registered and you need to switch back to the Odido equipment, the Huawei will need to be registered first.

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Capetonian 

Just a quick question, why would I need the ONT?   I already have the fiber connection and the 5530  is patched directly with fiber. I would like to totally eliminate the ONT and the Zyxel if possible. 

@Capetonian

The Odido equipment needs to be installed first so Odido can see a working connection, than your contract can start.

Hello @Capetonian 

@Capetonian

The Odido equipment needs to be installed first so Odido can see a working connection, than your contract can start.

Awesome, so then I can continue to use my current router witch has all my NAT configs etc on it.   

Thank you very much for your help! 

Badge +2

Since you're coming from tweak I suppose you are using an AON SFP in your fritzbox? If so, that will not work with odido, you will need a xgspon SFP, to match the technology of the ONT that odido has sent you.

If you connect your AON SFP to odidos pon network there is also a big chance of you causing disturbances for other people in your neighbourhood, so in the name of being a good neighbour, please don't try to do that ;) 

Since you're coming from tweak I suppose you are using an AON SFP in your fritzbox? If so, that will not work with odido, you will need a xgspon SFP, to match the technology of the ONT that odido has sent you.

If you connect your AON SFP to odidos pon network there is also a big chance of you causing disturbances for other people in your neighbourhood, so in the name of being a good neighbour, please don't try to do that ;) 

Thanks for the tip. I noticed that I can purchase an individual SFP from the Fritz store. 

Reputatie 4
Badge

It is easiest to connect your Fritzbox with a UTP cable to the Huawei ONT, especially if you have an XGS-PON ONT (you can see this on the back of your ONT.

Registering your own XGS-PON SFP is still in the experimental phase, and XGS-PON SFP modules are rather expensive. If you have a GPON ONT, it is easier. Use a GPON-SFP in your Fritzbox, and clone the serial number of the Huawei ONT in the Fritzbox. I can send instructions for that.

But, as I said, a UTP cable from the ONT to the Fritzbox is the easiest option.
I’m using that myself, without any problems.

Reageer