Router too old

• 8 January 2024
  • 6 reacties
  • 99 Bekeken

Hello, Last week a technician from Guidion came to my place to install my internet & TV connection. After he arrived, he indicated that my router is too old and won’t be able to connect it to Odido’s modem. He then left and said Odido will contact me with details. Since no one reached out, I called the service line and found out that new router will be send to me, which should take approx 3 working days. Today I also received a link to make another appointment with Guidion, which is great, but I still have not received the new router or a link to track the package indicating it has been sent. My contract already started on Jan 2nd, and yet neither my internet nor TV is working, which is very frustrating. Can you please indicate when will the new router be sent??

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +14

That is odd. What model Zyxel router did you receive?  Do you have DSL or Fiber connection?

hi, I have these two which apparently don’t go together. The black box was already there in the apartment when I moved in and this was the one which apparently is too old

In the package I’ve got:

• Modem (ZyXel T-56)
  • Mediabox (SEI Robotics SEI800TFAS) for the TV

I went for Fiber

Reputatie 7
Badge +16

Hi @wikamalicka, this is a rather weird statement coming from our technician. The T-56 router is by no means an old modem. In fact, it's only been released a couple months ago. I'd rather call it new than old. Perhaps the black KPN box (network terminal) and our router don't communicate; that's possible. Did you receive a different network terminal in the installation package?

hi @Jason van Odido, I have just received a new network terminal from Odido, which to me looks exactly the same as the one I already had.. I replaced the old one, however the Internet icon on the modem still appears to be red. Are there any additional steps to follow to get this activated?

could it be that since it’s the first time to activate Fiber something else needs to be done?

Reputatie 7
Badge +8

@wikamalicka When you receive a new ONT (optical network terminal) the new serial number needs to be registered first. It looks like the serial number of the old ONT is still connected. Also I see that there's a technician coming your way to install the new ONT tomorrow. He will also do the registration of the ONT during the visit. So after the visit everything should be working perfect again! 😊

Reageer