Beantwoord

Wifi not compatible with HP printer

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 reacties
  • 57 Bekeken

Greetings everyone.
Please allow me to ask my question in English because my Dutch is very bad.

Recently, I switched my Internet provider from Tele2 to Odido and  the problems I started to face are as follows:
1. I cannot run 2.4G and 5G Wifi together at the same time to connecting my HP printer on 2.4G and the computer, mobile phone and game consoles on 5G  which it was possible when I had Tele 2 ZXHN modem.
2. With the new ZYXEL T-54 modem, no matter what I  do when running both band 2.4G & 5G, there is only one signal appeared on my devices , which is the 2.4G.
3. When I installed the new  ZYXEL T-54 for  modem for the first time two days ago, it was possible to rename both bands separately (the SSID)  now it is not possible and this is only possible for the 2.4G  band as you can see in the attached picture .
4. And this option ( Keep the same settings for 2.4G and 5G wireless networks)  just keeps me puzzled,  which I don't know what is the most appropriate option? to uncheck the box or keep it as it is, but  anyway I couldn't find anywhere  where to  uncheck it  !

Thank you in advance for your help

icon

Beste antwoord door soepkip67 29 February 2024, 14:22

Bekijk origineel

4 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +7

Hello @Al-Samurai 

You to uncheck easymesh at first and then you can uncheck “Keep the same settings for 2.4G and 5G wireless networks”

See for easymesh the picture below.

After this, you are able to give the two networks a seperate name

Thanks to your help I was able to separate the network from each other.
But unfortunately, I was not able to connect the printer to the 2.4G Wi-Fi network due to the MAC Filter even after it was disabled or adding my HP printer MAC address manually..
Is there any advice or suggestion you can give me please?
Thank you again!

Reputatie 4
Badge

Normally (as it is in your case) the MAC filter is disabled, so this should not prevent you from connecting the printer.
Why do you think it is the MAC filter that blocks the printer from being connected?

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Al-Samurai 

Can you go to netwerkinstellingen, draadloos, algemeen, select 2,4 GHz, choose WPA2-PSK as beveiligingsmodus and click on toepassen.

Can your printer connect now?

Reageer