Beantwoord

lan port of my modem not working

• 8 January 2022
  • 8 reacties
  • 435 Bekeken

The lan port of my T mobile modem are not allowing internet access to my personal router and my personal laptop. No internet on lan port . What to do ?

icon

Beste antwoord door Waqqas 8 January 2022, 12:02

Bekijk origineel

This topic has been closed for comments

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Mukund 

Which modem do you have from T-Mobile?

Could you perform a factory reset of your modem by pressing the reset button on the back for about 10 seconds with a needle for example?

Reputatie 7
Badge +2

Hello Mukund,

Do yo mean one of the four LAN ports? Or do you mean the WAN port? (in case of DSL)

If you restart your modem and test your personal laptop with a cable on one of the LAN ports you should get internet access. A router behind the modem is “tricky”, it could conflict with your modem default IP.

If you want to you use a personal router behind the modem-router of T-mobile switch off DHCP of that personal router.

Regards,

Marcel

I meant the lan ports. I have Linksys Velop Mesh System and suddenly the parent node stopped detecting internet. The Linksys service desk indicated that the nodes were detecting modem and ISP was blocking the internet traffic.

I have done all possible actions at my end including restarting and resetting the T mobile modem

My t mobile modem model is T-50 Zyxel 

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Is the globe on your modem red so WiFi isn't working aswell on the Zyxel?

As Marcel mentioned, the LAN IP address of the Linksys could be the same as the Zyxel 192.168.1.1 and that could cause a conflict. Change the LAN IP address of the Linksys to 192.168.0.1 for example.

@Waqqas @Marcel MCi -first of all thank you for helping me out. Deeply appreciatie your responses .
Yesterday I was busy with Linksys service desk over phone trying all the options. yes, the globe is always green. The WiFi part of the modem is also working. The LAN port connected to the Linksys Node is giving a problem.

I have been using Linksys for almost three years now and it was in the past few months that suddenly the Linksys node connected to the modem via LAN port would indicate no internet available where as the modem would have all green lights . Usually this would disappear after a few hours or just by restarting the node. But last night none of the options worked. I even reset the whole mesh system include the child nodes as prescribed by Linksys.

For troubleshooting I also tried to connect internet via an Ethernet cable of my laptop but this was also not working. 

Indeed the IP of LINKsys is what you mentioned. If I switch from DHCP to static , would this cause more problems for my private WIFI network ? How can I do this ? I am a bit tech savvy but not an expert, any tips would greatly help thanks !

for your information I have Linksys Velop tri band Mesh WiFi to have powerful coverage across all the floors of my house

regards

Mukund

Reputatie 7
Badge +15

Hello @Mukund 

The IP address the Linksys gets from the Zyxel is an internal IP address, the LAN IP adress is the routers own IP adress.

You should be able to change it under advanced settings > network settings.

Also see this page if you have the app.