Delay and internet quality goes bad when several devices connected

• 25 February 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 15 Bekeken

Hi!

I have internet from Odido with zyxel modem and I have a problem with internet quality (probably delay/ping). When having a video call on one device (laptop) and another device connects to wifi (phone) the call on the laptop starts lagging and video quality worsens (lags and quality becomes low, video gets pixelated). If i do a speed test on both devices at the same time I get a good internet speed (>100 Mbps) However, the delay is sometimes more than 100 ms. Devices are located ~4m from the router and signal level is strong. Does anyone know what can be wrong? 

Thanks!

Tommie van Odido 2 maanden geleden

Hi @ssokolov, welcome to our Community!
Good of you to raise the alarm for this. Is it only about Wifi? How is your internet wired? Do you also suffer from this then or not at all? Could you happen to run a full powerflip? After all, I see that ONT has been on for 130 days. This makes for a fresh start. 

Powerflip
1.    Unplug the modem and Media Converter/ONT.
2.    Wait for at least 10 seconds
o First reconnect your Media converter/ONT and let it boot up for 30 seconds. Only then reconnect the modem to the power.
3.    Plug the modem back in and let everything boot up completely
4.    Check if the connection is stable. 

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

Hi @ssokolov, welcome to our Community!
Good of you to raise the alarm for this. Is it only about Wifi? How is your internet wired? Do you also suffer from this then or not at all? Could you happen to run a full powerflip? After all, I see that ONT has been on for 130 days. This makes for a fresh start. 

Powerflip
1.    Unplug the modem and Media Converter/ONT.
2.    Wait for at least 10 seconds
o First reconnect your Media converter/ONT and let it boot up for 30 seconds. Only then reconnect the modem to the power.
3.    Plug the modem back in and let everything boot up completely
4.    Check if the connection is stable. 

Reageer